[Albion] RDZ - We need more players…….

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Agree with this. The attacking options feel really good this season, lots of quality and depth. But full back and holding midfield aren't quite at the level a winner like RDZ needs.

If the aim was top half and to get out of the Europa group (which most fans would be happy with) we can do that with what we have. The reason we're having this conversation is that RDZ is an elite manager and his aims will be top four and compete to win the Europa.

on what basis do you say that our attacking options feel good this season, as to any other seasons?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Villa and West Ham playing their mostly settled first team today. Do we have less players than either of them? You can pick the Villa team each week without knowing much about them.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We appeared to be chasing a FB over the summer but nothing materialised. Selling Caicedo this summer was probably earlier than anticipated and his replacement isn't quite ready.

We've had some very tricky games and are in a patch of form where we are conceding some sloppy goals. If we had beaten one of Villa/Liverpool/Man City we would all be skipping along with every step

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does RdZ even know what our first choice XI is? I’m not convinced I do.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Giving Lallana a new contract and signing Milner were poor choices. These past it players are eating into our small budget. I was not comfortable with it.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It's not really acceptable for him to say this. He said the squad was fine at the beginning of the season. We have had no more injuries than other clubs in the epl. I've found him a bit whiney the last few weeks.

I also think he was a bit more humble when he joined us. Is he starting to believe his own hype ? I can't blame him tbh the amount of smoke blown up his ass by pundits is ridiculous
Nope after the very recent depletions Extremely warranted

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I get that each signing has to meet certain criteria etc so it's hard to get the right players at the right price, but it was so obvious we needed to plug the gaps at full back and CM. Loaning out Alzate, who has played both those roles, was ridiculous.
Too bloody right.

It was bizarre, based I suspect on two key elements: regular first team football, or lack thereof… which as it turns out he’d have been getting, and (a sneaking suspicion) that Roberto has his favourites… ahem cough… Adam… cough etc. and didn’t want to upset the inner clique … hey, it’s good the clique is clearly a mostly positive thing… but Alzate would have been a very decent option on either side in a crisis… you, know… kind of like this one.

Yes, yes… Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but moaning that we don’t have enough when everyone merrily signed off on Offiah, Alzate and Undav is laughable.

Especially when you consider the alternatives:

Milner,
Lallana,
Welbz.

All of whom, if not very nearly over the hill, are resting up in the valley of plenty on the other side.

Too injury prone, too slow and (arguably) too overpaid and (very) dangerously comfortable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports