Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ Touchline Ban

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Genuinely hilarious what Arteta, Klopp and Pep can get away with without getting a touch line ban in comparison RDZ’s first “offence”.
It's not his first offence. He was booked against Brentford and against Leicester. Only Moises, Ali Mac and Pervis have more bookings than RDZ this season and his red card against Fulham is the only one anybody on the staff has had in 2022/23. After CH & GP, it's been fun to see our manager reacting like we would. Given his nature, the prissy, 'weak teacher' attitude that the authorities have to any kind of criticism and some of the appalling refereeing errors he's been on the wrong end of, I'm surprised that he's avoided a ban for this long.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Genuinely hilarious what Arteta, Klopp and Pep can get away with without getting a touch line ban in comparison RDZ’s first “offence”.
Yep. They all scream at 4th officials for 90 mins. Scream at the ref from the touchline. & often get in their face at full time, yet nothing seems to happen. I forget which pundit it was, maybe Merson, but he even said ''i like to see a bit of that from the managers, it shows passion''. Seems to be tolerated from some, but not others.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Yep. They all scream at 4th officials for 90 mins. Scream at the ref from the touchline. & often get in their face at full time, yet nothing seems to happen. I forget which pundit it was, maybe Merson, but he even said ''i like to see a bit of that from the managers, it shows passion''. Seems to be tolerated from some, but not others.
Danny Murphy was angry with Potter on MOTD for NOT being angry enough when they were denied the obvious pen v West Ham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, if this was another manager there would be explicit laden threads about what a **** he is.

What's good for the goose.

He needs to reign things in a bit as touchline bans aren't helpful. Plenty of animation and enthusiasm. But he needs to know where the limits are.

Tin hat at the ready.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good.
Hopefully we'll see a lot more of that. If refs had made the same comments about managers and teams as managers and players make about refs, they'd never ref a PL game again. Only fair that managers face the consequence of getting bans. Hopefully this will help prevent managers from 1) destroying grassroot football and 2) doing the fan-showboating of blaming poor results on refs rather than their own performances.

Limited effect in reality... match day is the players day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic could someone let the bbc know that we haven’t had b2b defeats 🤦‍♂️

• “After back-to-back defeats, De Zerbi said: "[The] last two games we deserved more points and are frustrated. We want to start strong."

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Of course, if this was a another manager there would be explicit laden threads about what a **** he is.

He needs to reign things in a bit as touchline bans aren't helpful. Plenty of animation and enthusiasm. But he needs to know where the limits are.

Tin hat at the ready.
rein

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now fully expecting RDZ to be ejected from the Amex for persistent standing, or will he watch from the North Stand to avoid this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now fully expecting RDZ to be ejected from the Amex for persistent standing, or will he watch from the North Stand to avoid this.
I assume he can have a seat very close to the dugout. There are some you can practically talk to the bench from. Standing may certainly be an issue but I'm not sure I'd want to be next to the whistling either!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course, if this was a another manager there would be explicit laden threads about what a **** he is.

Tin hat at the ready.

That is spot on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was trying to remember the name of the assistant manager, who would be in the tactical area. This list astonished me.

Roberto De Zerbi
Men's First-Team Head Coach

Andrea Maldera
Men's First-Team Assistant Coach

Andrew Crofts
Men's First-Team Coach

Nick Stanley
Men's First-Team Set-Piece Coach

Ricard Segarra
Men's First-Team Goalkeeping Coach

Jack Stern
Men's Assistant First-Team Goalkeeping Coach