Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ Post Match Brentford

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
RDZ knows Tony’s plan. Fact.
This is what I find annoying about his moaning recently. Saying "I need to talk to Tony and understand the project". I'm sure I read a while back that Bloom and Potter had a call every Monday to discuss the game at the weekend and the plan for the week etc, so presumably that is the same for RDZ. I can't believe RDZ hasn't spoken to Tony about what the plans are for the Summer already. It would be a bit of an odd relationship if that is the case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Barber will always say that there is a contingency plan. Brighton are the best run club in the Premier League, nay, Europe. That is why he’s considered the best CEO going. Rinse and repeat for every interview he gives and the same answers to basically the same questions.
Wonder what TB's contingency plan for PBOBE is? He'll be playing that one pretty close to his chest 🙂

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you read through some of the recent threads, there are several on here who are hankering for him. Not a majority, far from it, but a not inconsiderable minority,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have a strange fan base I think this week has proved that, the team is obviously weaker than the previous season yet big cheers for £122m in the bank mostly made by selling our better players.
More strange to be overly critical of a single season where we haven’t done as well as we might have done in the eyes of anyone with unrealistic expectations (but have still done pretty well) when it’s clear the long term strategy of the club is working fantastically, with loads of new developing talent coming in and the books more than balanced.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
If you read through some of the recent threads, there are several on here who are hankering for him. Not a majority, far from it, but a not inconsiderable minority,
9 out of 10 posts about this dull unemployed middle-aged man come from the cult of Zerbi camp looking for a way not to discuss his manner or our football or results. They have hard time accepting some of us dont want any of them

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kudus or the lad from Leicester would have been good. Wonder who is next on the list and available in the summer. Could even be someone higher up the list we waited on.

Amazed if we don't go back in for Colwill, despite wages. All be it that will have to be factored into price. Imagine him with JPVH after a year or two with Dunk the experienced step in.

I'm convinced the stumbling block on a new RDZ contract will be the release fee. The big Euro clubs who would want him, won't be up for paying 12M. You don't talk publically about the specific issue, you talk around the sticking point instead.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I really hope you are jesting old boy.

Quite simply the return of Potter would effectively split the fanbase.

And TB and PBOBE might be a lot of things but they aren’t stupid 👍

I don’t think that suggesting we played Potterball last night is not in any way a suggestion that I want him back! That game was painful to watch, I don’t want more of it

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I've now listened to PBs talksport interview from yesterday twice and have come to the conclusion that we the fans should be running the club,coaching the squad, serving the food and washing the kit and putting 11 of us on the pitch to smash everyone out of site week to week whilst keeping everybody fit and injury free!
Now back in the REAL world...he said that the club want RDZ for many more seasons to come and that RDZ pushes Bloom and co to strive for more than just top 10. What is wrong with that? We the fans would love CL football an FA cup or even a League cup. RDZ may have put his point across better when doing his pressers but at least his honesty and passion came through and Barber confirmed that yesterday. I think all parties will probably have been reflective since the EL exit and this period will hopefully make us as a club even stronger. Having funds available, a fit squad, The club and RDZ singing from the same hymn sheet will mean making next season a really good one. We may have to for go Europe next season but like Barber said you never stop learning.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've now listened to PBs talksport interview from yesterday twice and have come to the conclusion that we the fans should be running the club,coaching the squad, serving the food and washing the kit and putting 11 of us on the pitch to smash everyone out of site week to week whilst keeping everybody fit and injury free!
Now back in the REAL world...he said that the club want RDZ for many more seasons to come and that RDZ pushes Bloom and co to strive for more than just top 10. What is wrong with that? We the fans would love CL football an FA cup or even a League cup. RDZ may have put his point across better when doing his pressers but at least his honesty and passion came through and Barber confirmed that yesterday. I think all parties will probably have been reflective since the EL exit and this period will hopefully make us as a club even stronger. Having funds available, a fit squad, The club and RDZ singing from the same hymn sheet will mean making next season a really good one. We may have to for go Europe next season but like Barber said you never stop learning.
People don't like learning in this country. Particularly football fans. They want SUCCESS NOW.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But am I alone in thinking that some of the cash we received from sales of Caicedo, MacA, Trossard etc will be splashed
in the summer window on rich pickings as part of the strategy? Or is that a very naive business model and naive of me?

All depends what you mean by “some of the cash”? £20m or £30m then yes more than likely. £70-90m? Then no.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
All depends what you mean by “some of the cash”? £20m or £30m then yes more than likely. £70-90m? Then no.
Why do you say that? we spent more than 80m quid last summer

1712226459180.png

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I don’t think that suggesting we played Potterball last night is not in any way a suggestion that I want him back! That game was painful to watch, I don’t want more of it
It’s been going on for a while

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would argue that you the fact that you would of, is probably partly why you an the lads aren't self-made billionaires like Bloom.

I don't think Bloom will look back and think that he should have backed RDZ more this year, I think everything he does is part of a long-term strategy, which is why we are where we are, rather than where the likes of Palace are.
Or maybe the signings would have kept us in Europe the FA cup and looking good for another European tour next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here