[Albion] RDZ out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not sure i get the Poyet comparison, my memory is we we're very good the final four months under Poyet, finishing 4th until we were undone by Paiace in the playoffs.
More believing his own hype. Being called a demi god by the media and eventually being almost unemployable. I honestly think it could go either way with RDZ.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Choice seems clear to me. Potter went on a worse run than this and we stuck with him. He changed tactics and played all his available midfielders, got a result at Arsenal and went on a fantastic run.

RDZ shows no sign of adapting to circumstances.

If we believe he’s going to stay and will still be the man with our anticipated squad next season then he needs to be given the same chance to turn it round.

If we believe he’s off then get rid today. Give Crofts and Lallana a chance to show what they can do.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I certainly don't want him sacked but I suspect Bloom will be lookikg at his options.

I feel if it hadn't been for all press conference moans Bloom would back him but if the rumours of a big spend this summer are true he'll want some sort of commitment

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We've been appalling for months and are showing no signs of improving. It's the same crap every game, the same predictable 'tactics', no flexibility, no new ideas, no anything. I can't see how this will turn around, even after the season ends.

With so many other clubs looking for new managers we need to move now, otherwise we're going to be scrabbling round for the dregs in June.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It feels like we’re stuck in a holding pattern waiting for someone to come for him in the summer, my worry is if nobody does then he’ll sulk and next season could be really horrible

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Anyone will do. He’s doing us more harm than good now. His mad ranting on the touchline shows a man who is completely out of his depth now. We’re an absolute shambles.
I mean that’s just not true in any way.

Steve Evans would bring exactly the same but with added pub league.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Choice seems clear to me. Potter went on a worse run than this and we stuck with him. He changed tactics and played all his available midfielders, got a result at Arsenal and went on a fantastic run.

RDZ shows no sign of adapting to circumstances.

If we believe he’s going to stay and will still be the man with our anticipated squad next season then he needs to be given the same chance to turn it round.

If we believe he’s off then get rid today. Give Crofts and Lallana a chance to show what they can do.
I don’t recall Potter teams folding like we have recently and being humped so often. I always saw SOME positives in the performances, I am seeing none now.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
No one can convince me RDZ is a better manager than Potter anymore. We went on a terrible run and Potter experimented, changed it and we went on an amazing run that extended into the following season. RDZ has shown zero evidence he has that tactical flexibility.

I am now firmly in the RDZ out camp. Today was unacceptable and the players he did have available should not be getting beaten 3-0 by Bournemouth.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I don’t recall Potter teams folding like we have recently and being humped so often. I always saw SOME positives in the performances, I am seeing none now.
Under Potter it was one of those things people used to say that although we don't score much, we never got embarrased. I can't think of many times we lost by more than three

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Incidentally, Klopp, who is another great coach, is having exactly the same issue at Liverpool. The only difference is that he’s confirmed he’s off whereas people just think Roberto is. If the players know the coach is gone they might check out too - see Klopp’s spat with Salah.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All depends if we have someone in mind who could do better with what looks a solid group of players.
I'd question that statement. The players looked all at sea against Man City and have today. I get the rotation to an extent when we're playing in multiple competitions but since we were knocked out of Europa why the rotation ? Keep a stable team and get some points on the board to try and challenge for a European spot. The passing accuracy and passion / fight the last few matches appears to have vanished. And don't even get me started on the defence - I hate to say it but Dunk needs getting rid of. All these players have just come off a 10 day playing break before the Man City game - what were they doing during that time ? They look lethargic and uninterested - I'll exclude Adringa and Welbeck from that statement.

Clearly a lack of leadership - that means one thing - get rid of the leadership - RDZ and Dunk. Mr Crofts for the last few games to allow us to find a replacement.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
RDZ got us into the Europa League playing fantastic football. The way players and other managers talk about him, he's clearly not just fluked it last year, he's an excellent coach.

Yes the last few months have been pretty dire, and yes it's very frustrating that we're not qualifying for Europe this year and probably not even top 10.

But this is his first poor period at the club and he's definitely earned some loyalty, let's give him a chance to turn things around over the summer, along with the recruitment team and the rest of the club. Sacking a manager brings instability and risk, and could quite easily go the wrong way.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When I started this thread, everyone thought I was on a fishing trip. I’d like to state that I’m not just using the benefit of hindsight to to say that I really wasn’t.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
When I started this thread, everyone thought I was on a fishing trip. I’d like to state that I’m not just using the benefit of hindsight to to say that I really wasn’t.
People didn't realise months ago, when the signs were there, thankfully they are realising now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder how much RDZ enjoys working with and developing young players to sell on for a profit, only to have to start the process all over again? I wonder how much any manager of the quality needed to get us regularly finishing in the top 10 likes that sort of environment? It's very difficult to succeed in a league where other teams are buying top talent and you are having to bring through unproven youngsters.

I suspect most quality managers will look at what we have, what they think they could achieve with that and one or two new signings before deciding whether to join us. De Zerbi saw a squad with Mitoma, Trossard, Mac Allister, Caicedo, March, etc and saw a team he could achieve with, perhaps supported by a couple of key signings. He's seen most of them sold off or gone out injured and the club seemingly not making the effort required to replace them with equal quality, instead relying on him to bring the kids up to standard.

That can't be done in a single season. For us as fans, or the Club to expect otherwise is unrealistic. And to expect regular top 10 finishes with this philosophy is also unrealistic and, it seems, demoralising for the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports