Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ out

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I think RDZ will leave in the summer, most likely back to Italy.
Some say that he will not move to a bigger club, but I think he will. Yes, we have been in poor form recently but he has shown what he can do - and I don't think the bigger clubs are disregarding that.
I love RDZ, he is an incredible manager, and I would be glad if he did stay but I wouldn't be against him leaving either. He has done so much for this club and I feel like we are reaching the end of his tenure.
Perhaps it may be best for him and us if we parted ways and transitioned once again?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Meanwhile, Bloom has a business model and isn't about to change it radically to keep RDZ, although it's possible he was always planning to evolve the model once we were competing for/in Europe. If that's the case, maybe it's a win-win; RDZ stays and we move closer to becoming one of those 'big' clubs.
RDZ has shone a rare and unwelcome (from the club's point of view) spotlight on Bloom's business model. He's had the big balls to do something that that spineless Yes Man Potter never would. If Bloom and mini-me PBOBE have any sense they'll heed RDZ's words and try and at least match his on-pitch ambition. Else we're just caught in a downward spiral of selling the family silver and replacing it with silver-plated equivalents and hoping for the best

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
But 24/25? If we're not in Europe the expectation will be a top-six finish - that expectation comes not only from supporters but from those 'bigger' watching his progress.
Why in God's name would anybody expect us to make top 6 next season?

We might make some signings to strengthen the team/squad, but we're never going to spend anywhere near enough to put us near the top 6 bracket from a wages or signing values point of view.

I swear this is where the idea that the Europa League is some sort of horrifying jinx comes from. Instead of recognising the team making it to the top 7 as unusual, followed by an entirely predictable reversion to expectations the following season, some people seem to think we should be at that level every season despite it not being justified by anything.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
How often do managers quit their job? Very rarely, they wait to get sacked so they get paid up, there is no way RDZ will quit because he's fed up with the (lack of ) recruitment when he has two years left on his contract which I imagine is worth between £5-6 million. The only way he's leaving is if he gets approached by another club which he feels offers him a better opportunity. Given how this season is ending the chances of Bayern / Liverpool / Man United etc approaching him are looking increasingly unlikely.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
RDZ has shone a rare and unwelcome (from the club's point of view) spotlight on Bloom's business model. He's had the big balls to do something that that spineless Yes Man Potter never would. If Bloom and mini-me PBOBE have any sense they'll heed RDZ's words and try and at least match his on-pitch ambition. Else we're just caught in a downward spiral of selling the family silver and replacing it with silver-plated equivalents and hoping for the best
I fear if we change the model now then the spiral will be downwards. I think TB knows what he is doing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I fear if we change the model now then the spiral will be downwards. I think TB knows what he is doing.
I'm not so sure. Might get away with selling off the family silver for a season or two, but how do you then replace like-for-like without spending an absolute fortune - which is patently not going to happen anytime soon

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm not so sure. Might get away with selling off the family silver for a season or two, but how do you then replace like-for-like without spending an absolute fortune - which is patently not going to happen anytime soon
In the main the silverware he has sold are, or consider themselves to be, top 6 players and want the wages that would command. We’re not in that league yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Or provide his successor with LB, CM’ers who can tackle and run.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I don’t know what the right decision is for the club re RDZ’s ambition.

Generally I wait to see what Tony Bloom does because that will be the right decision.

I think our business model over the last few years has been brilliant - astonishing..and it is what many thousands of us could never have dreamed of all those years ago.

At the end of the day there is no reason for us to deny RDZ opportunities elsewhere, in the same way we have let some great players leave for greater opportunities.

Should the club adjust the model to accommodate RDZ’s ambition? I don’t know- way above my pay grade but I trust Tony Bloom to get it right.

If the answer is no then the most important thing to me will be whether RDZ conducts himself like Trossard or MacAllister on his way out.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I agree in part, I don’t particularly enjoy the disgruntled sound bites we keep hearing, but if you thought a passionate Italian manager would sit on his hands and stay quiet then you’ve made a bit of a misjudgment.
Regarding his management of the squad, he’s been doing just that since game 1, rotating keepers, resting players etc remember when we started JPVH and Igor against AEK to keep Dunk fresh? Pedro was in and out, Adingra was a bit part player, Ferguson and Welbeck were sharing minutes, now we’re seeing the same players run into the ground as the depth isn’t there.
RDZ set an unbelievably high standard, it was always going to be impossible to replicate, injuries made it a mountain to climb. I’d like to see him try again next season, with a properly stocked, fit squad.

He started to be aware of the need of rotation in the 2nd half of the season. Injuries to March, Mitoma, Estupinan & JH, for example, are due to overwork, imo, esp. Mitoma who had to play every 2~3days for full 90mins every match. Adingra has not been a bit part player. He is now one of the players RDZ wants every match for full 90mins on the pitch.

It's just unrealistic for RDZ to set an "unbelievably high standard" for the Brighton squad. If he continues to moan that we can't "compete without top players", that would be his admission that he wants to leave. Otherwise it does not make any sense.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We now have a frightening combination.

No big chances created in the last two games and making nearly double figures in mistakes that leads to big chances at the other end.

Our defending for set pieces, like the one in the 2nd minute, what was that??
Thought Wellbeck had a big chance at the end of the Brentford game, if that had gone in people wouldn't be complaining about the Arsenal game

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Is he trying to get himself sacked?

I’ve had enough of constant keeper rotation every 2 games with no regard to how well the respective keeper has actually played before being dropped. It’s no wonder our defence has been turd all season.
Ok so I haven't read any of the thread other than the OP. My god, one decent season and you expect us to turn into frigging self-indulgent, pampered, overly needy Stamford Bridge chavs. Ok we haven't reached the dizzying heights of last season, but we have been in the top half of the hardest league in the world all season, reached the knockout stage of the Europa League, and had a decent cup run, all this after selling our two best midfielders, and having half the first team out injured. While it can be frustrating, upon reflection I get the need to keep playing the way we do with the younger members of the squad, we are not in a relegation battle so it makes sense to push the entire squad to perform at the highest possible level so next season we are not shown to be so shallow when injuries hit. What next "BLOOM OUT". Grow up and enjoy the fact that as a Brighton supporter times have (almost) never been better.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How often do managers quit their job? Very rarely, they wait to get sacked so they get paid up, there is no way RDZ will quit because he's fed up with the (lack of ) recruitment when he has two years left on his contract which I imagine is worth between £5-6 million. The only way he's leaving is if he gets approached by another club which he feels offers him a better opportunity. Given how this season is ending the chances of Bayern / Liverpool / Man United etc approaching him are looking increasingly unlikely.
He's really messed up IMHO. He read the papers and the rumours and thought he was off to the big bright lights. He downed tools pretty much and that's reflective in the last couple of months results. Now he seems to be backtracking as the conversations his advisors have been having with the likes of Liverpool , Bayern , Barca etc aren't going very well. Liverpool have even had to release a public statement on it as I suspect they may have been getting hounded behind the scenes !!

Meanwhile our team is on a downward spiral, playing boring sideways football with no end product and RDZ looking increasingly like a very average manager, especially this season without some established players.

I'm just not sure where this story goes now. One thing's for sure RDZ seems to be backtracking about Brighton big time all of a sudden and talking continually about next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He also has a £10m-£12m release clause, which I'd imagine not that many clubs would be falling over themselves to trigger right now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He's really messed up IMHO. He read the papers and the rumours and thought he was off to the big bright lights. He downed tools pretty much and that's reflective in the last couple of months results. Now he seems to be backtracking as the conversations his advisors have been having with the likes of Liverpool , Bayern , Barca etc aren't going very well. Liverpool have even had to release a public statement on it as I suspect they may have been getting hounded behind the scenes !!

Meanwhile our team is on a downward spiral, playing boring sideways football with no end product and RDZ looking increasingly like a very average manager, especially this season without some established players.

I'm just not sure where this story goes now. One thing's for sure RDZ seems to be backtracking about Brighton big time all of a sudden and talking continually about next season.
Seriously, where does your information come from? You made up a complete narrative about RDZ, accuse him of downing tools (libellous btw as that would be a breach of contract ) which would be completely self-sabotaging unless he had another contract agreed elsewhere - You talk about these ’conversations’ that his ‘advisors been having’ but you haven’t got a clue a/ who his ‘advisors are or b/ any clue who they have private conversations with, if at all. You, it seems have been paying far more attention to click bait media gossip than RDZ has I dare suggest. Our team certainly is not on a ‘downward spiral’, we made record profits last year so are in a position to invest in more players in the summer - we have had a temporary set back this season (as PB explained, our path is two steps forward one step back) and that is for a complexity of reasons, not least, and it gets really boring to keep saying it, injuries - key players out for large chunks of the season.

RDZ isn’t ‘backtracking’, he never announced he was leaving. Sorry if his latest presser/post match doesn’t now fit with your previous narrative but trying to now fit a twisted view of RDZ into your new narrative that he’s not leaving because no one wants him is frankly laughable - I guess you didn’t hear Klopp’s high praises of him or even PBOBE’s. We simply don’t know what his plans are yet - There is no ‘sudden‘ change or ‘big time backtracking - he is simply been answering questions about the shape of the squad next season (which he also can’t answer in much detail at the moment) He certainly isn’t an ‘average manager’ otherwise TB and PB would not have been scouting him all the way from Serie A for years before we signed him.

Please for the love of gawd stop making up these hyperbolic narratives and read a good novel instead, (Or write one, you certainly demonstrate the creative skills required 😉 )

EDIT - @dwayne - please don’t take this as a personal attack - this is purely about the thread topic and me disagreeing with you on the issues, I have absolutely no animosity to you personalty - my last line is a silly quip and not meant to be offensive)

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Seriously, where does your information come from? You made up a complete narrative about RDZ, accuse him of downing tools (libellous btw as that would be a breach of contract ) which would be completely self-sabotaging unless he had another contract agreed elsewhere - You talk about these ’conversations’ his ‘advisors been having’ but you haven’t got a clue a/ who his ‘advisors are or b/ any clue who they have private conversations with, if at all. You, it seems have been paying for more attention to click bait media gossip than RDZ has I suspect. Our team certainly is not on a ‘downward spiral’, we made record profits last year so are in a position to invest in more players in the summer - we have had a temporary set back this season (as PB explained, our path is two steps forward one step back) and that is for a complexity of reasons, not least, and it gets really boring to keep saying it, injuries - key players out for large chunks of the season.

RDZ isn’t ‘backtracking’, he never announced he was leaving. Sorry if his latest presser/post match doesn’t now fit with your previous narrative but trying to now fit a twisted view of RDZ into your new narrative that he’s not leaving because no one wants him is frankly laughable - I guess you didn’t hear Klopp’s high praises of him or even PBOBE’s. We simply don’t know what his plans are yet - There is no ‘sudden‘ change or ‘big time backtracking - he is simply been answering questions about the shape of the squad next season (which he also can’t answer in much detail at the moment) He certainly isn’t an ‘average manager’ otherwise TB and PB would not have been scouting him all the way from Serie A for years before we signed him.

Please for the love of gawd stop making up these hyperbolic narratives and read a good novel instead, (Or write one, you certainly demonstrate the creative skills required 😉 )
You just saved me a load of hassle replying to their post. Not sure someone with such low critical thinking skills will know how to pronounce hyperbole let alone know what it means, and as for reading a novel by them I really don't like books that by the end of the first chapter you know how it will end.😄

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He started to be aware of the need of rotation in the 2nd half of the season. Injuries to March, Mitoma, Estupinan & JH, for example, are due to overwork, imo, esp. Mitoma who had to play every 2~3days for full 90mins every match. Adingra has not been a bit part player. He is now one of the players RDZ wants every match for full 90mins on the pitch.

It's just unrealistic for RDZ to set an "unbelievably high standard" for the Brighton squad. If he continues to moan that we can't "compete without top players", that would be his admission that he wants to leave. Otherwise it does not make any sense.
He rotated Webster and JP in the first 3 games of the season, same with the keepers. He also swapped between full backs, Pervis and Lamptey, Milner and Veltman. The centre midfield saw Dahoud and Gilmour swapping too, and Pedro, Welbeck, Ferguson and Pedro were on rotation upfront too. From the very start of the season he’s been saying he’d need to do it as a way of keeping his players fresh. Adingra was supposed to be the supporting act to March and Mitoma, the only reason he starting every match now is because we don’t have any other wingers.
Your second paragraph doesn’t make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here