• Out

• In

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
IN IN IN.

3 quality signings and a return to fitness of our main men and we are a top 8 side.

RDZ will have learnt a lot this season about himself and the team

You dont just bin of a top class coach for 10 or so results when your side is ruined with injuries and are emotionally shattered.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.
Selfish, self-serving manager simple truth

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Was absolutely hammered for suggesting we would get relegated next season. Doesn't look like a stupid suggestion now.

In the relegation zone on form over the last 10-12 games. Coach who doesn't want to be here. Poor replacements for players out in the summer.

A huge summer coming up and a massive clear out is needed, do we stick or twist? If we stick with RDZ I think we will be down next season, a coach who constantly moans - imagine going into that everyday, especially after a loss. Morale is shot, he's lost the dressing room.
I agree - relegation battle

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
Nobody is going to be paying the tens of millions we'd ask, for a player recovering from a serious back issue, who has not set foot on a football pitch since February.

Do you know the details of his injury? Have you ever wondered why his injury has to be kept in such a secrecy and so lengthy? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nonetheless it is a very odd situation. I can't fathom what the club and PB are spinning. While it is believed that he will be able to play competitive matches by June/July, what led you to believe other clubs, or the club/the player are not planning for his departure?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Do you know the details of his injury? Have you ever wondered why his injury has to be kept in such a secrecy and so lengthy? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nonetheless it is a very odd situation. I can't fathom what the club and PB are spinning. While it is believed that he will be able to play competitive matches by June/July, what led you to believe other clubs, or the club/the player are not planning for his departure?
So we’ve not played our best player for months, scuppering our European prospects, because he’s being sold in the summer? The new club will be delighted to get someone who’s not played a competitive match for half a year as that’s a great way to stay on top form. That must also be why we didn’t use Caicedo or Mac Allister at all from January onwards last year!

Paper-thin theory.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
So we’ve not played our best player for months, scuppering our European prospects, because he’s being sold in the summer? The new club will be delighted to get someone who’s not played a competitive match for half a year as that’s a great way to stay on top form. That must also be why we didn’t use Caicedo or Mac Allister at all from January onwards last year!

Paper-thin theory.

Do remember that RDZ is our manager, who did not mind flogging the player to death.

I have no way suggested that he faked injury itself. If you remember the club received criticism/warnings/advice from his national team last Oct. (Some rumour I heard was that the blood tests indicated a serious muscle strain, but the club/RDZ ignored it.) RDZ of course continued to flog him, even though he had not been fully recovered, hence farther aggravated his conditions. After the Asian Cup, RDZ played him, even though he was aware that Mitoma had had issues with his back. When the Holgate incident occurred, RDZ's reaction during and after the match was highly questionable. He showed little concern towards the player and would have him continued to play for the full 90mins. RDZ only pulled him out at round 70mins because Mitoma signaled he couldn't continue. If I were the club owner, I would not allow the egoistic staff member, who is in charge of the middle management, to risk destroying a valuable asset.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s a truly awful run of form we’re on. Horrific. But sacking the manager? Nahhh.

It was only a few weeks ago it looked highly probable a big 6 club was going to come in and pay up his contract for big money.

I refuse to believe he’s gone from elite manager to not good enough for Brighton in the space of a month. The truth was always surely somewhere in the middle.

The interesting thing is, does he want the sack? Nobody is coming in for him, and the longer he is staying here, the more his reputation is being trashed. I’ll be keeping an eye on his post match utterings for the rest of the season.
Potter went on way worse runs than this with a fully fit squad it’s a bad run nothing more.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do remember that RDZ is our manager, who did not mind flogging the player to death.

I have no way suggested that he faked injury itself. If you remember the club received criticism/warnings/advice from his national team last Oct. (Some rumour I heard was that the blood tests indicated a serious muscle strain, but the club/RDZ ignored it.) RDZ of course continued to flog him, even though he had not been fully recovered, hence farther aggravated his conditions. After the Asian Cup, RDZ played him, even though he was aware that Mitoma had had issues with his back. When the Holgate incident occurred, RDZ's reaction during and after the match was highly questionable. He showed little concern towards the player and would have him continued to play for the full 90mins. RDZ only pulled him out at round 70mins because Mitoma signaled he couldn't continue. If I were the club owner, I would not allow the egoistic staff member, who is in charge of the middle management, to risk destroying a valuable asset.
I mean, where to start with picking this apart

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
(Some rumour I heard was that the blood tests indicated a serious muscle strain, but the club/RDZ ignored it.)
I'm not a medic - so please any medics feel free to correct me on this - but I've never heard of blood tests indicating a muscle strain. I have a feeling that that rumour comes from a similar supply chain as the much-missed Ben's Grandad's rumours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Japan rested him in the early stages of the Asia cup due to an ankle injury. They then played him in the round of 16, and quarter finals, at the end of January/beginning of February. There was no mention of a back injury until March on his international record.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I have calmed down since Sunday now and would change Fence to In on the condition that he wants to stay rather than he’s going to stay because all the big jobs have drifted away. No way of knowing of course.

Credit in the bank during the mostly inept clueless borefest of the past few months because he has in the past played the best and most exciting football I’ve ever seen from the Albion. That wasn’t by chance.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nothing to do with RDZ in or out but…

Many on here seem to be falling back on “next season with our players back” as grounds for optimism.

The laws of physiology aren’t being suspended for the 2024/25 season. Injuries will continue to occur and, given the number that seem to have occurred in training this season, there’s no real reason aside from the law of averages to assume we’ll be any luckier in the next campaign.

I’m hoping the coaching/medical set up features very highly in Uncle Tony’s traditional post-season stock-take.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Nothing to do with RDZ in or out but…

Many on here seem to be falling back on “next season with our players back” as grounds for optimism.

The laws of physiology aren’t being suspended for the 2024/25 season. Injuries will continue to occur and, given the number that seem to have occurred in training this season, there’s no real reason aside from the law of averages to assume we’ll be any luckier in the next campaign.

I’m hoping the coaching/medical set up features very highly in Uncle Tony’s traditional post-season stock-take.
Incorrect!

Capture.JPG

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Brilliant news! Just awaiting the recruitment head and set piece coach and we're all set.

A new set piece coach is essential. Cannot believe how rubbish and repetitively so our set pieces are. Barco already looks to be a big improvement on Gross too. I think Gilmour takes better ones as well.

Is it sad to be a little excited about incoming medical staff? :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paper-thin theory.
AKA a load of teenage bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports