[Albion] RDZ out or In

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RDZ Out or In

• Out

• In

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

The worrying thing for me is that Roberto looks like he's given up and that has transmitted to the players. Finishing 7th 8th compared to where we're likely to finish now 13th 14th will cost the club what? 10 million maybe in table places. That 10 million can pay 3 players wages for a year!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
20 year beef - you win Mr Normal Online poster of the day, congrats!
Your signature is literally a McGhee quote :lolol:

IMG_2097.png

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
44 points amassed with 3 games to go is a good season. Being safe and nothing to play for allows for experimenting with players in systems. That in turn allows the Club to plan for the up and coming close season Transfer Window. Both for which players to let go or bring in.

I think it's been a decent season.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
44 points amassed with 3 games to go is a good season. Being safe and nothing to play for allows for experimenting with players in systems. That in turn allows the Club to plan for the up and coming close season Transfer Window. Both for which players to let go or bring in.

I think it's been a decent season.
Nothing to play for apart from millions in prize money and for the fans in attendance

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The worrying thing for me is that Roberto looks like he's given up and that has transmitted to the players. Finishing 7th 8th compared to where we're likely to finish now 13th 14th will cost the club what? 10 million maybe in table places. That 10 million can pay 3 players wages for a year!
We've all given up a bit, fans, players, management alike - it was such an intense first two thirds of the season, and then the adrenaline just drained after Roma, the balloon has well and truly deflated. Really hard to get that going again, especially when we are playing team after team with real motivation and incentive to win. Thats not going to change with Villa or Newcastle, so we're going to limp to the end of the season.

But its OK. Everyone needs a break. Lets just get to the end of the season, refresh, retool and go again. I am more RDZ 'In' now than I was a few weeks back.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I’d like him to stay as long as he’s fully committed and intends to remain so throughout next season regardless. Otherwise, best for everyone to move on.
Agree. I put fence because not sure of the answer to that like everyone here, except for some who say they know but don't.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have a very slight concern that RDZ may be another Bielsa - an innovative genius who the cognoscenti and football historians worship. But who only has one way of playing, which requires very specific qualities in the players. And when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time!

I am slightly reminded of the way it unraveled at Leeds, with a first EPL season which was amazing, then gradually being found out, results deteriorating, and shipping loads of goals.

This is just an idle thought, by the way - we are much better managed than LUFC, have better players, and will definitely not appoint Jessie Marsch.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have a very slight concern that RDZ may be another Bielsa - an innovative genius who the cognoscenti and football historians worship. But who only has one way of playing, which requires very specific qualities in the players. And when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time!

I am slightly reminded of the way it unraveled at Leeds, with a first EPL season which was amazing, then gradually being found out, results deteriorating, and shipping loads of goals.

This is just an idle thought, by the way - we are much better managed than LUFC, have better players, and will definitely not appoint Jessie Marsch.
It's the injuries as well. Utterly alarming that it now seems like pervis and mitoma will miss the beginning of next season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

The more I think about it, the bottom line is that he’s shown this season that if things are going badly, he doesn’t know/refuses to find a way to stop the tailspin. He also put his own career ahead of the club’s best interests with his public pronouncements in a key part of the season. It might have been “honesty” but the very best football managers consider the effect of their words at all times.

I want to feel that all will be fine in August, a few signings, everyone on song and happy Bob back again as we blow the top 6 away. We know now though that if it doesn’t click, we’re in serious trouble. Seems a big risk.

Mar 8, 2024
Its been a steep learning curve this season and rightfully everyone feels a bit deflated after what initially promised to be our greatest season ever ending up fizzling out into nothingness.

Hopefully important lessons will have been learnt at all levels, and with a bit of investment and some consistency over the summer (RDZ stays, no major sales) there is potentially to grow again next season as we have done year on year in the premier league.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The more I think about it, the bottom line is that he’s shown this season that if things are going badly, he doesn’t know/refuses to find a way to stop the tailspin. He also put his own career ahead of the club’s best interests with his public pronouncements in a key part of the season. It might have been “honesty” but the very best football managers consider the effect of their words at all times.

I want to feel that all will be fine in August, a few signings, everyone on song and happy Bob back again as we blow the top 6 away. We know now though that if it doesn’t click, we’re in serious trouble. Seems a big risk.
The whole time he's been here he's had a tendency to speak before he thinks. Some on here see it as "refreshing and honest", I always thought it was tactless and leaves no room for a change of position.

He did it when talking about referees, he did it when talking about Trossard Sanchez and Dahoud, he did it about "club policy"...

Moderating what you say is important. Particularly when you're in charge of other people.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IN IN IN.

3 quality signings and a return to fitness of our main men and we are a top 8 side.

RDZ will have learnt a lot this season about himself and the team

You dont just bin of a top class coach for 10 or so results when your side is ruined with injuries and are emotionally shattered.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It’s a truly awful run of form we’re on. Horrific. But sacking the manager? Nahhh.

It was only a few weeks ago it looked highly probable a big 6 club was going to come in and pay up his contract for big money.

I refuse to believe he’s gone from elite manager to not good enough for Brighton in the space of a month. The truth was always surely somewhere in the middle.

The interesting thing is, does he want the sack? Nobody is coming in for him, and the longer he is staying here, the more his reputation is being trashed. I’ll be keeping an eye on his post match utterings for the rest of the season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fence purely because his own intentions towards the club seem a touch opaque.

Translucent at best.

You can't beat some opacity references on a Monday morning. It's what NSC was made for, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports