[Albion] RDZ out or In

RDZ Out or In

• Out

• In

• Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Any manager would struggle with the players we’ve got available at the moment. I know a lot of people won’t have a bad word said about the board but De Zerbi been let down by them this season.
Sorry I just don’t agree with this. You have Fari, Welbeck, Pedro, Adringra, Gross plus some exiting kids and in a whole calendar month we managed one own goal.

I honestly think almost any other manager would have managed a better goal return with those players.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Only won once in 9, and had 1 shot today…which is par for the course these days. Apart from that, it’s none stop entertainment and we’re in with a chance of finishing 14th!
By the of the season it will be one win in 13. It’s a bit like death by a 1000 cuts. The season can’t end soon enough but there’s still a few weeks of purgatory to go.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can't be bothered voting.

What he needs to show is that his team starts to press the advantage of turnovers rather than letting the opponents recover their defensive formation; and encourages them to drill the ball across the area between the six yard box and the penalty spot from wide as often as possible when the opponents are playing the low block.

(And learn that transitioning to a low block ourselves should be piss-easy when most of our defense and midfield are hanging about the area anyway).

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fence. Because we didn’t know the full story of what is happening. But if it really is what it looks like from the outside, then out.

☹️

Last edited:

Severely doubt any other manager would be doing better with an injury ravaged squad that has too many younger underdeveloped players and failed signings. But I learnt long ago it’s a waste of time fighting these magical mystical changes in fan sentiment so whatever

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe best to have these threads a few days after the match.

I remember the Potter out thread where 66% said yes..

If RDZ was sacked we would quite rightly be a laughing stock. Who are we, Arsenal ?

My only problem with him is his prostituting himself to offers by not committing. If that continues he can go. But on the basis that was not a thing, we would quite rightly be a joke if we sacked him

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
it’s hard because i think he’s been stiffed by an awful summer window, cheapskate replacements for big outgoings and too many rubbish/past it players being kept around. but if this is what he’s like when the going is tough then out. some won’t like to hear it but at least with potter there was always an element of stability. feels here that this is on the verge of turning toxic. if we keep him and this persists we could be in serious trouble next season. not worth the risk

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Look at the line up, it's bare bones, it's mid-Championship team at best. The likes of O'Mahony and Offiah ffs. The team is tired and ravaged by injuries. RDZ is a good manager but who knows his head has been turned and the team have split. I think he's off.

But what's clear is next season could be a dangerous one for us, players who we relied on are now past their best, some of the players we got in our not EPL level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it’s hard because i think he’s been stiffed by an awful summer window, cheapskate replacements for big outgoings and too many rubbish/past it players being kept around. but if this is what he’s like when the going is tough then out. some won’t like to hear it but at least with potter there was always an element of stability. feels here that this is on the verge of turning toxic. if we keep him and this persists we could be in serious trouble next season. not worth the risk
Can get rid of RDZ but it won't address the underlying issues you refer to at the start of your post

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If we hadn't constantly had between 7-12 first team players out since before christmas then Id be in the out camp, but come on, we have had a ridiculous number of injuries for a ridiculous number of games - coincidentaly , coinciding with the admitedly very long run of poor form.

Even much "bigger" teams would have struggled with similar injury lists, and we all know we simply cant pput a second 11 out that would still be top quarter of the table-unlike some other teams

We probably should have got a few more points, but to suggest we ditch RDZ after what he achieved last season, start of this, and in Europe would be madness IMO.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
In, it’s been a bit unlucky this season. It’s not just that we have injuries but that there as so many long term ones. That has meant some players have played every game and are a bit burnt out now. That coupled with too many inexperienced youngsters being thrown into games, what do we expect really?

I 100 % think if di Zerbi and Bloom aren’t trying to kill each other and can still work together then I can see that a rest over the summer, some experienced players coming (which Bloom already alluded to buying) then we will see a better year next year.

I do think that do Zerbi has a lot to blame as well, not excusing him and he really needs to put some priority into defending, he takes too much from Bielsa and we don’t want to become Leeds 🤣

I actually think over the past games he has tried to be more pragmatic and defensive, but it hasn’t worked because we have young inexperienced players, tired experienced players and have been training for the best part of a year to understand his attacking style. It’s not that easy to switch if you have been training in the same style for so long.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Can get rid of RDZ but it won't address the underlying issues you refer to at the start of your post
yeah you’re right and that’s the really difficult part as i can also see us sacking him and then a yes man being appointed who won’t mind the massive profits not being reinvested, and then you end up with lallana’s contract being extended and moder and steele being kept around, which is how we’ve ended up on this mess

i just think there’s evidently something broken in terms of the manager/squad dynamic. all it takes is for this form to carry on into the new season with de zerbi and then it’s a rut you can’t get out of

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s nothing but misery at the Albion. We’ve had our time in the sun, and Huddersfield relegation yesterday to League One shows just how fast it can change and the likely projectile for #TeamsLikeBrighton. We can’t compete. We’re not supposed to. Success only leads to disabling of everything built. You get one season max to win something, and even then it’s 1000-1, before the Richest 6 gut you. Between them, you could pick a former Brighton 11 currently and that’s just the onfield staff! I’m sort of giving up on “elite” football. It’s all bollocks at the top of, and only going to get worse. Tourists masquerading as “fans” whilst renegades rule. Back to the grass roots for me. Professional football at the top is so far removed from the game I grew up and fell in love with I hardly recognise. And I’m not alone, just about every fan my age following a non rich 6 team feels the same. Somethings simply were better in the good old days, it’s not a sign of getting old, just we we’re fortunate to have lived through and seen true competion rather than corruption. The kids today just don’t know any different so why would they believe our stories or miss? They’re happy to swap “elite” clubs depending on where their fav player plays, watch on TV etc in the plastic belief “their” team won. But feck me if I’ll join in with that circus. Nah, you can keep it. Such types can’t even spell loyalty and I’d stick a bayonet in ‘em myself if I was ever stood next to in a trench. Utterly depressing day…going to look into the sport of Bowles and hope to god c**** like Sheikh Shallow and Jim Ratcliffe have never heard of it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two abominable transfer windows have led to an alienated coach, who is passing it on to his players.

Only two options; hard reset with RDZ or bugger off now.

For that reason fence (though I’d want the OLD Roberto to stay).

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Was absolutely hammered for suggesting we would get relegated next season. Doesn't look like a stupid suggestion now.

In the relegation zone on form over the last 10-12 games. Coach who doesn't want to be here. Poor replacements for players out in the summer.

A huge summer coming up and a massive clear out is needed, do we stick or twist? If we stick with RDZ I think we will be down next season, a coach who constantly moans - imagine going into that everyday, especially after a loss. Morale is shot, he's lost the dressing room.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Was absolutely hammered for suggesting we would get relegated next season. Doesn't look like a stupid suggestion now.

In the relegation zone on form over the last 10-12 games. Coach who doesn't want to be here. Poor replacements for players out in the summer.

A huge summer coming up and a massive clear out is needed, do we stick or twist? If we stick with RDZ I think we will be down next season, a coach who constantly moans - imagine going into that everyday, especially after a loss. Morale is shot, he's lost the dressing room.
He hasn’t lost the dressing room and we won’t go down next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lost the dressing room in my opinion. Something happened behind the scenes just before the Fulham game, hence the Lallana weird interview.

Time for him to go.
Wasn’t the Lallana interview after the Luton game? It’s hard to remember one shambolic performance from the next this season.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Maybe best to have these threads a few days after the match.

I remember the Potter out thread where 66% said yes..

If RDZ was sacked we would quite rightly be a laughing stock. Who are we, Arsenal ?

My only problem with him is his prostituting himself to offers by not committing. If that continues he can go. But on the basis that was not a thing, we would quite rightly be a joke if we sacked him
I don’t think he should be sacked but come the summer we all shake hands and move on wishing each other all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here