Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ Linked to Juventus

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Found this article while trawling through twitter .... Interesting.

Brighton, De Zerbi: “I would gladly return to Italy. Zaniolo? Never thought about him"
by Jonah Maffei 30 January 2023

“Italy is always my country and at home. I would go back and forth again, hopefully in the future . But I also came here with some fears: a different language, a different championship, without having retired and with a very difficult calendar. Instead I'm having a lot of fun, I'm appreciating this experience, I'm really enjoying it”. Roberto De Zerbi said this to DAZN on the possibility of returning to coaching in Italy. In the meantime, however, his experience at Brighton continues at full speed , fresh from the success in the FA Cup against Liverpool .

The decision to coach in England was an important step for De Zerbi: “ Coming here for an Italian is not easy because football is lived in a different way. Either you adapt or you lose at the start . And it's not said that they're wrong to live football like this. For example, they have a day off during the week, for them it is sacred, we see it as a lost day. They don't pick up, they arrive three hours early at the camp. It feels like going for a picnic, then when the referee blows the whistle it always feels like playing in a final” .

Why the failure to return to Serie A? “I think that some things haven't gotten together – replied De Zerbi -. I've always held Claudio Ranieri in high esteem, because he coached in France, Spain, England. And that's something I've always sent him. I chose to go to Ukraine, although I also had something in Italy. There will be the right time to come back."

“ Have Brighton ever thought about Zaniolo? No , despite the fact that he is a very strong player, who among other things falls within our age parameters – added De Zerbi -. Brighton have fixed age parameters, they are looking for players to resell. But Zaniolo is outside our economic parameters " .

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Will be interesting in the summer to see if we do break the mould and spend some of the money we've raked in on transfers since White left. Ideal world we don't need to, but we could be looking at shelling out for a CM and striker who are ready to hit the ground running.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol:

That's an eight day old puff piece that says he might be on a shortlist with two others IF Allegri goes.

Let me guess, you think he'd stay if we had signed Brereton Diaz in the window? :lol:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Grow up OP, pathetic attention seeking troll

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hope this is not true.

Did not help thought that we failed to support him in the transfer market - He identified players in key areas to strengthen and maintain our European Push, but we didn't act.

Big opportunity missed, and could have cost us our quality manager at the end of the season. If we don't progress in the FA Cup or get into the Europa League ( which he truly believes we can do) he will be fuming - most likely at the board.

We have made some great "gem" signings in recent years, but there not all going to work out. It could bite us in the bum in the near future.
When's that new stand of yours, going to be built?

They even wrote a song about it!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There’s also reports in Gazzetta dello Sport that they want Alexis in the summer window. Seems every club wants a little bit of what we have.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RDZ's stock has risen as mightily as any of the players under his charge. Club will do well to hang on to him longtime if they don't share his passion and vision. He's light years ahead of Arctic Benny

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I posted this a while ago, Juve are a total shitshow right now.

I get the OPs point on the transfer market, yes we didn't bring in first team starters but we backed him with not accepting £75,000,000 for Caicedo and that's a hell of a gamble.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What we are all struggling with is that Right Here, Right Now we are fans of one of the best run clubs in world football. Not the biggest, but definitely one of the best - if not the best given the ferocity of the competition we face from petro/investment fund/establishment British teams. RDZ has picked up Potter’s ‘project’ and stuck twin-turbos on it. If he gets this club (proper) European football the chances of him going anywhere are the same as Arsenal signing Caicedo in the last window.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hope this is not true.

Did not help thought that we failed to support him in the transfer market - He identified players in key areas to strengthen and maintain our European Push, but we didn't act.

Big opportunity missed, and could have cost us our quality manager at the end of the season. If we don't progress in the FA Cup or get into the Europa League ( which he truly believes we can do) he will be fuming - most likely at the board.

We have made some great "gem" signings in recent years, but there not all going to work out. It could bite us in the bum in the near future.
Bloody school strikes! I support the teachers, but having you 12-year-olds at home and bored is a pain in the arse.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
but we didn't act
You were present in all the meetings about whether or not we should make moves in the market then? We acted. We just didn't land the signings. In the case of Matvienko, the reason being because there was too big a gap in the valuations of the two clubs. My assumption (until proven otherwise) is that RDZ will have been consulted on what Brighton should be willing to pay for the player, and if we couldn't get him for the right figure then RDZ will be fine with that. Beyond that, we "acted" strongly through refusing to sell Caicedo - which RDZ was pretty clear on being his #1 priority, IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What we are all struggling with is that Right Here, Right Now we are fans of one of the best run clubs in world football. Not the biggest, but definitely one of the best - if not the best given the ferocity of the competition we face from petro/investment fund/establishment British teams. RDZ has picked up Potter’s ‘project’ and stuck twin-turbos on it. If he gets this club (proper) European football the chances of him going anywhere are the same as Arsenal signing Caicedo in the last window.
Well, he had 2 top 8 finishes with Sassoulo and left because he was frustrated that his ambition for them wasn't matched. They missed out on Europe by GD when he left. IF we get the chance of European football, he isn't going to want to do it half-cocked balancing a small squad across multiple competitions.

It almost feels like we have jumped ahead of the plan, that suddenly top 10 has, in under a year suddenly turned into top 7. With that comes matching that ambition. Top 10 looks a given at the moment, asked any of us this time a year ago that would be the case and few would have said yes. Now we have threads talking about top 4. Suddenly ambition is actually behind where we are in reality!! Crazy times.

el punal

Hope this is not true.

Sit down, put your feet up, have a nice cup of tea and some biscuits, relax.

Situation normal - same as it ever was. :cheers:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Suggested alternative reading for the OP

Chill and enjoy what’s in front of you

Attachments

• B015E943-AE98-4C69-806A-D79ED38D5A1F.jpeg
    B015E943-AE98-4C69-806A-D79ED38D5A1F.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 28

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports