Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ fast becoming a club legend

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RDZ ticks a lot of boxes but he hasn't experienced serious, negative prolonged results and pressure overcoming them to push on, so not quite at legend status yet.

RDZ has been immense BUT please consider previous BHA managers have dealt with our struggles in the lower leagues with ***** as owners possibly losing our league status/existence ...

Two posts you've now made about the Albion, more than you've made in the whole of the last year.

Are you sure you're logged on to the right account :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just watching the pre match conference in which he says

'I've already forgotten about Caicedo' and if the reports that he cleared his locker out on Monday and then decamped to London are true then good riddance. Sorry if that offends some.

and then saying 'the big clubs can buy our players, but they can't buy our soul and our spirit, that's not on the market'

Just the type of fighting talk I like to hear as the season kicks off. What an inspired choice by Tony, we really are fortunate to have RDZ.

edit I know I've had a couple of sherberts, but my lips gone all quivery
Never mind his fighting talk, the very fact that he has taken our club into Europe for the first time in our existence, is more than enough to make him a legend, and the word legend is not one that l bandy about loosely.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Said it before - the way he talks about Brescia, being a fan, the rivalry with Atalanta, and the big Italian teams - he really gets what it means to be involved with a club like Brighton. He talks about wanting players who are proud to play for us, because we're Brighton. He knows that us qualifying for Europe means more to us than Man City winning another trophy means to their fans.

I cling on to hope that this means he won't jump at the first opportunity to manage one of the big clubs. If we continue to support him as he wants, we could be a perfect fit for each other for years to come.
He was asked last in the fans forum by someone from Brescia, who now lives in Brighton and supports us, if he would one day like to go a manage Brescia, he categorically said “No, I don’t like the owner”

I think who the owner and the way a club is run is very important to him. That is not to say I think he will stay here forever, but I think will play a big part on who he joins next. he seems to have a lot of integrity

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just seen this posted on BBC comments. Some dicks about aren’t there.

25mick​

21:25
The lad decided back in May he wanted to play for Chelsea they made him their number 1 midfielder.
Tim Vickery SA football expert only two days ago, said he had watched Chelsea since he was a kid and Kante was his football idol.
Also how about the human side in all this for this lad, why not wish him well wherever he ends up.
De Zerbi, shameful comments today.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
RDZ ticks a lot of boxes but he hasn't experienced serious, negative prolonged results and pressure overcoming them to push on, so not quite at legend status yet.
If he brings nothing but good results, he can’t be a legend by that criteria. Damn him and his winning ways, where’s Jeff Wood when you need him? :)

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
If he brings nothing but good results, he can’t be a legend by that criteria. Damn him and his winning ways, where’s Jeff Wood when you need him? :)

He has been great but he hasn't provided 'nothing but good results'. Is it OK to rate RDZ very highly but consider him not quite legend status for a few more seasons ?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He has been great but he hasn't provided 'nothing but good results'. Is it OK to rate RDZ very highly but consider him not quite legend status for a few more seasons ?
Missed my point. But it doesn’t matter. Not serious.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So only becomes a legend if he overcomes adversity, like having to take a new squad on, in a new counrry where he doesnt speak the language, after the season has started, have his top goal scorer throw a hissy and have to be offloaded mid season, star player beg to be sold mid season, suffer bad officiating to the extent that PGMOL issue several public apologies?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So only becomes a legend if he overcomes adversity, like having to take a new squad on, in a new counrry where he doesnt speak the language, after the season has started, have his top goal scorer throw a hissy and have to be offloaded mid season, star player beg to be sold mid season, suffer bad officiating to the extent that PGMOL issue several public apologies?
Yeah, yeah but other than that, what’s he done for us? :wink:

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Basically I try to emulate RDZ in my own management style. We just don’t sing Freed from Desire at the end of the day….yet.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I always think the “legend” tag requires a bit more than one half season of good football.

The guy is brilliant though, and I’m very happy he’s our manager.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
He is the one player at the club we have to keep

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here