Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ and Another Touchline Ban?

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
The booking seemed harsh, so early in the game, without a prior warning - but we don't know exactly what he did / said.

Having seen the highlights, he was actually wrong about the incident that enraged him, though. Joao Pedro's flick was going to put Lamptey through on goal, and it did LOOK like the sliding, covering defender used his arm to stop it - but he didn't.
He doesn't seem to be cut as much slack as Arteta, Klopp, Guardiola, Silva etc by the referees and hasn't been since he arrived IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given what's happened previously with RDZ and Spurs, he might've just saved himself about 10 minutes on the touchline on Saturday.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm in the "glad RDZ has his mojo back" club.

I don't really see how much a touchline ban makes any difference anyway.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm in the "glad RDZ has his mojo back" club.

I don't really see how much a touchline ban makes any difference anyway.
Your joking right, have you seen how animated the man is on the touchline, he is constantly barking orders, and walking back to the bench gesticulating....
The man is on speed....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Roberto sit? In the North Stand? Is the moon made of cheese? :ohmy:
Yeah it is....

Proof if you don't believe me...

image-1.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not as bad as Taylor who loses control in most games he refs yellows dished out all over the place, If he’s meant to be the best ref we have god help the rest of them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just waiting now for RDZ to be marched out of the stands by a steward for persistent standing in the directors box on Saturday.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He doesn't seem to be cut as much slack as Arteta, Klopp, Guardiola, Silva etc by the referees and hasn't been since he arrived IMO.
Especially after he said meeting with Webb was a waste of his time and then 80% of the officials are incompetent.
Arteta infringes every single match and the officials invariably ignore it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Arteta infringes every single match and the officials invariably ignore it.
He is still on more bookings than any other EPL manager this season though (4).

As of today RDZ is now on his 3rd booking along with Poch, EtH, Silva and Pep.

It is only a perception that RDZ is being ‘targeted’ more than any other managers… in fact Arteta was charged after his rant about Arsenal’s loss to Newcastle which pissed off Arse fans since RDZ got away with just a warning after saying he ‘didn’t like 80 per cent of England’s refs’.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn’t we do quite well last season when he was banned? I remember beating West Ham 4-0 and I think we won another match.
That crossed my mind but I couldn't remember which matches. I'm fairly sure we have won matches where he isn't in the dugout.
@chaileyjem ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here