Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RBS Six Nations 2014 (who's your money on?)

RBS Six Nations 2014 (who's your money on?)

• England

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • France

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Ireland

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scotland

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wales

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Wales - made up most of the brilliant Lions team, a settled management team, and home advantage is almost everything - they have France at home.

Don't know how many times Wales have won at Twickenham (not the one-off Wembley game in 1999) in the last 26 years, but I think it may well be a Wales win there this time. Hope not.

Wales won in 2008 and 2012

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are England on BBC or Sky at 17:00hrs ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am cautiously optimistic that the England team are moving up a gear for the World Cup. Only two home games though and a tough start in France.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
France, they have a habit of winning the year after a lions tour.

Wooden spoon last year though. When Italy and Scotland finish in front of you you have problems.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heathfield boy in the England team again :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
My money is a load of untalented blokes with no skill will push over another load of untalented blokes with no skill and they will then play drinking games whilst thinking they are all so fantastic. Lots of OK ya girls in barber jackets will all think its great because they spotted some member of the royal family or another and a bunch of kids in kilts will be very annoying. Other than that, cricket will still be more widely played in Scotland than rugby (a true but little known fact) and Kiwis will try and convince everyone that really rugby is a major sport because its the only game they play. Other than that, it will be worth watching on tv if nothing else is on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My money is a load of untalented blokes with no skill will push over another load of untalented blokes with no skill and they will then play drinking games whilst thinking they are all so fantastic. Lots of OK ya girls in barber jackets will all think its great because they spotted some member of the royal family or another and a bunch of kids in kilts will be very annoying. Other than that, cricket will still be more widely played in Scotland than rugby (a true but little known fact) and Kiwis will try and convince everyone that really rugby is a major sport because its the only game they play. Other than that, it will be worth watching on tv if nothing else is on.

A crass misunderstanding of the game and inverse snobbery at it's very finest. Well done.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Have you had the pleasure of "Twickers". It sums it up perfectly. I go every now and again as its a free day out but mate it really does make you cringe

I've been to lots of different matches there. The Varsity match a few times, England games, Premiership games and international sevens.

Sums what up perfectly? I've only ever seen people having a good time, whilst drinking gallons of beer.

I went to watch Henley RFC vs Cinderford RFC the other weekend - that was a different kettle of fish when it came to class of spectator, but enjoyable and everyone had a good time (despite a 10 minute icy monsoon).

What's wrong with people who enjoy themselves, whilst dressing well and have a different background/accent to you?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've been to lots of different matches there. The Varsity match a few times, England games, Premiership games and international sevens.

Sums what up perfectly? I've only ever seen people having a good time, whilst drinking gallons of beer.

I went to watch Henley RFC vs Cinderford RFC the other weekend - that was a different kettle of fish when it came to class of spectator, but enjoyable and everyone had a good time (despite a 10 minute icy monsoon).

What's wrong with people who enjoy themselves, whilst dressing well and have a different background/accent to you?

Agree with everything you have said. I can't see why people post on a thread like this if they have nothing helpful to add.

I share a season ticket at Harlequins and find it a very different experience to football, but equally as enjoyable as football.

Are you a member of a club locally at all?

Feb 14, 2010
What's wrong with people who enjoy themselves, whilst dressing well and have a different background/accent to you?[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all, but it is amusing to see kids desperately trying to out middle class each other in that ridiculously British way. Its very inward looking and unlike dressing up to go say horse racing, rugby types will spend their days trying to look down their noses at people, which can be amusing as sometimes they really dont have a clue who really is who in the $ stakes.

Feb 14, 2010
But leaving all the nonsense aside, the worst thing about rugby is that you cant see the ball when at a game and really, its not very skillful, but its still a day out and better than nothing on telly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here