Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak signs

D

Deleted User X18H

Gus said he hopes to complete this in next few hours to be specific.

themightyalbion

Mar 28, 2010
Has to said, Mr. Bloom and our Gus are getting some quality players on loan. Sensible option IMO. Really dont want to afford premeirship purchase prices at the moment....and to what point, if these and others are being allowed to come ,.. and want to come...., and gain valuable experience with us. Benefits us all. Really exciting times here. Play offs would be a really good result for us..........this season. Then hopefully push on next season or one after. Get the budget sorted, possibly actually buy some of these loans( if posible) or others of simalar quality.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gai Assulin as well! He's had a few injury problems but he's QUALITY. Started at Barca and they rated him, then he went to City -hopefully we can help him get back on track and get to where he was expected to reach before his injuries

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just wonder how the likes of Navarro, Sparrow, JFC and Harley are feeling at this news. Must be disheartening to have played so well recently then have a couple of short term players come in and in all likelihood limit your first team chances.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just wonder how the likes of Navarro, Sparrow, JFC and Harley are feeling at this news. Must be disheartened to have played so well recently then have a couple of short term players come in and in all likelihood limit your first team chances.

Or step up their game and push their own abilities further.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just wonder how the likes of Navarro, Sparrow, JFC and Harley are feeling at this news. Must be disheartened to have played so well recently then have a couple of short term players come in and in all likelihood limit your first team chances.

Indeed, the midfield is really congested now, and some people are going to miss out. I suppose any contracted players will just have to make the most of every opportunity they get. If we are to be successful, we need competition and the players have to step up to the plate.

Given that we are safe this season, Gus does have some latitude in being able to experiment with the line-up. It certainly makes it interesting for us as fans, even if it is tough on the existing players. I can't wait to see what happens.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Well hopefully they are thinking that if they do not perform to a certain standard then the manager will make efforts to bring players in that will.

Razak and Assulin have excellent pedigree and will add quality to this squad that is necessary to push us into the play offs. One thing is for sure, if we weren't serious about trying to go up this year these loan signings would not have been made.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I've only heard good things about him. Very highly rated, big, strong, fast, box to box... could be just what we need alongside Bridcutt if we want to play 4-4-2.

I've only seen a very little bit of him play but he seems a little bit like Patrick Vieira, which is perhaps understandable seeing as Vieira is involved at City

I love that the Gus Bus is seen as a good place for talented youngsters to continue their education

WOW if he's anything like Viera we got a winner!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
You just want to scream with excitement ..We Are Going To Be The Real Deal..

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
F**king amazing
bow.gif

Last edited:

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
I believe we could of scraped into the play-offs but now these two signings from Man City and Reyes and Matlock we can do it in style

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Razak will only ever be a loan is my guess as City rate him very highly.

Assulin on the other hand is likely to be a loan to buy in my view, potentially replacing Nooney in the squad if/when Baardiff come back for him in the summer (do I sniff a deal already done there?)

Very astute business.

Did someone say we don't want to register players until tomorrow so they could potentially stay right through the play-offs? Math isn't my strong point so can we sign them today and keep them for the play-off final should we manage to get there?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just wonder how the likes of Navarro, Sparrow, JFC and Harley are feeling at this news. Must be disheartening to have played so well recently then have a couple of short term players come in and in all likelihood limit your first team chances.

Tha fubal

Not all of those players will be with us next season for sure. Can't see a way back for Gary Dicker either. Any of them will do well at other Championship clubs though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Assulin on the other hand is likely to be a loan to buy in my view, potentially replacing Nooney in the squad if/when Baardiff come back for him in the summer (do I sniff a deal already done there?)

Very astute business.

Did someone say we don't want to register players until tomorrow so they could potentially stay right through the play-offs? Math isn't my strong point so can we sign them today and keep them for the play-off final should we manage to get there?

Exactly my thoughts. I assume it's been in place a while (as we knew) and now the i's dotted and t's crossed will happen tommorow. Or we won't send the paperwork off until tommorow - or it takes the FA a day to process it so it will officvially go through tommorow - something like that. It's quite clear we've deliberately waited so they can play in the play offfs, should we get there.

Very astute business.

Maximum loan period is 93 days outside transfer window so I worked out registration can take place tomorrow at the earliest but I stand to be corrected.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the date of the play-off final? Is it the 18th May? 19th? 20th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here