Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ravel Morrison

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Played for West Ham and Cardiff so not permitted unless there is a way to circumvent the 93 day loan. Could he sign for Lazio and being unable to play for them sign for us on loan or in a bizzare situation sign for Lewes 4 month contract and be loaned to us with us agreeing to pay all his wages.

He cannot play for another club this season in England due to the fact he was still under contract when the transfer window closed. To be considered a free agent he would have needed to have been released from said contract before the 11pm deadline last Monday.

He is now in the position where he cannot even go on a 93 day emergency loan, which would have been the only way he could have played for a 3rd club this season, as he isn't at a club to be loaned by. He cannot play again this season at anywhere above Conference level in England and I can't see how FIFA/UEFA would allow him to move to a foreign club as he'd be in the same situation as Ben Arfa.

Quoting myself, but yes they can. Darren Bent, for example, has played for us, Villa and Derby this season.

Derby on 93 day loan, so ok.

His loan to Derby is a half season loan, like Murray was on at Reading earlier this season. Half season loans are considered a permanent move and count towards the number of clubs you can appear for on a permanent basis in a season. Bent can make that move as he was playing for us on an emergency loan deal which could have lasted 93 days, but don't count as a permanent club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is had West Ham retained him he could have joined us on a 93 day loan so why cant he sign for Lewes then be loaned to us with us paying his wages and then not play for Lewes, which as you say he cant.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My point is had West Ham retained him he could have joined us on a 93 day loan so why cant he sign for Lewes then be loaned to us with us paying his wages and then not play for Lewes, which as you say he cant.

Nothing against it in the rules, however I'd hope our board had more sense than to bring in a player who thinks he's big time, brings along a massive amount of baggage and trouble wherever he goes and comes at the bargain rate of 15k a week. People moan about Kemy, but he keeps his head down and the worst he does is post photos on twitter of his latest expensive fashion faux pas, sorry purchase. We don't need a cancer like Ravel Morrison in the squad.

He made a grand total of 1 start and 6 sub appearances for Cardiff this season before the great Russell Slade saw fit to tell him to piss off back to West Ham, he simply doesn't have the even the limited common sense you need to make it as a pro footballer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He does have the ability to be an attacking goal scoring midfielder whether CH could control the other sides of him is debatable. If he could he would be a great asset to us but one wonders if Sur Alex, Big Sam and Harry cant who could?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What an utter utter waste of a superb talent.

Man U, WHU, Cardiff and QPR all gave him chances.....he blew them all

The bloke's a loser and should never be allowed to go near another football club

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Well - I'm sure someone will think he is worth the risk (he may end up having to compromise on the wages). It won't be us

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
C
Contract terminated by West Ham so now a free agent.
Apparently he is willing to sign for any club willing to take him if they match his wages at West Ham. Which was 15k.
He has also said he would sign a bad behaviour clause so the club could terminate his contract with no compensation.
Worth the risk?
Would you sign him?

Wasn't he going to be the next saviour of England football just a few months ago ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quoting myself, but yes they can. Darren Bent, for example, has played for us, Villa and Derby this season.

93 day loans don't count towards the number of teams a player can represent in a season, which is 2.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's the new Leon Knight, and sadly will go the same way. He will have a friend for every pound he earns until they're all gone.

SAF wanted him out of Manchester because his mates were such a toxic influence on him, but his wannabe gangsta desires overrode everything else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What an utter utter waste of a superb talent.

Man U, WHU, Cardiff and QPR all gave him chances.....he blew them all

The bloke's a loser and should never be allowed to go near another football club

I remember Big Sam got a lot of stick for letting him go to QPR. Seems Sam was right.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He's the new Leon Knight, and sadly will go the same way. He will have a friend for every pound he earns until they're all gone.

SAF wanted him out of Manchester because his mates were such a toxic influence on him, but his wannabe gangsta desires overrode everything else.

I think that's unfair on Leon Knight who had a season of his career when he was genuinely good and won something.
Also Leon was only ever a tiny talented nutjob who was never going to break through at Chelsea as opposed to a future England star.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I wouldn't want anything to do with Ravels - there's a one in four chance that you get the coffee flavoured one, and a one in four chance you get the orange flavoured one. That's a 50% chance you'll need to spit instead of swallow.

Terrible odds.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20231202-130633~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here