Ratings vs Bolton

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
PIG -8- made some excellent saves today inc a couple of one on ones
calde -8- good to see him get on scoresheet
upson -7- good composed game. Confident on ball
greer -7- dealt with Ngog well
ward -7- getting forward more now
Ince -7- good composed game but made few silly mistakes. Like kicking ball at ref when under no pressure to let in Ngog
crofts -6- good box to box performance
dave -6- set pieces from him are still poor
Buckley -7- showed in second half last years form
Lua Lua -9- MOTM terrorised them all day and first goal came from his free kick
Barnes -8- lead the line well. Good in the air

Bruno -6- good to see he can play centre mid as well
Conway -6- looked promising
March n/A

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Crank most of the scores down by 1 or 2 based on the quality of Bolton

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Think Dave was staging a 1-man protest at Spanish Day being Basque by playing like an absolute piece. Awful all game and amazing he managed to avoid getting subbed until so late.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Lua Lua was on fire. Best I've seen him, except when we stuffed charlton, maybe. He's v right footed, that's why his crosses are poor, but his pace and alertness today was great.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
PIG -8- made some excellent saves today inc a couple of one on ones
calde -8- good to see him get on scoresheet
upson -7- good composed game. Confident on ball
greer -7- dealt with Ngog well
ward -7- getting forward more now
Ince -7- good composed game but made few silly mistakes. Like kicking ball at ref when under no pressure to let in Ngog
crofts -6- good box to box performance
dave -6- set pieces from him are still poor
Buckley -7- showed in second half last years form
Lua Lua -9- MOTM terrorised them all day and first goal came from his free kick
Barnes -8- lead the line well. Good in the air

Bruno -6- good to see he can play centre mid as well
Conway -6- looked promising
March n/A

Ince didn't kick the ball at the ref. The ref was too intent on bursting the balloon and not watching the game that he didn't move out of the way, , certainly nothing wrong with the pass.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kusczack - 7 - would have been an 8 bar the OG
Calderon - 8 - goal and an assist I believe . Not bad for a FB
Ward - 7.5 - impressive again
Upson - 8 - class
Greer - 7.5 - solid
Ince - 8.5 the kid can play. Big future
Dave - 5.5 - his performance was epitomised by his set pieces. They were so poor he was eventually muscled off the ball by team mates and we equalised from a free kick
Crofts - 7 - great workrate
Buckley - 7.5 - finally hitting some form. Goal and an assist
Lua Lua - 9 - top performance. Had the Bolton defence in knots
Barnes - 7 - far too isolated in the first half but worked hard regardless and played his part in the equaliser

Conway - 6
Bruno - 6
March - n/a

Garcia - 9

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Think Dave was staging a 1-man protest at Spanish Day being Basque by playing like an absolute piece. Awful all game and amazing he managed to avoid getting subbed until so late.

Purely a case of a weakened bench and other players who needed resting

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Lua Lua was mom for me, shame his spectacular shot cannoned off the bar first half. Ince and Calde close behind and pleased to see Buckley getting back to form. Prefer Bruno in midfield, maybe gives us another option as he makes a lot of defensive mistakes.

David Lopez looked better second half.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I will just add that Greer was calmness personified and Lua Lua was magnificent. If Kaz isn't chased by a couple of Prem clubs for a figure in the region of six or seven million by the end of the season, I will eat my hat.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Ince, Greer 8 and kaz 9. All others 7 apart from Lopez 4! Agree with an earlier post amazed he wasn't subbed. Is this the same player we had last season?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought Lopez showed a few signs of getting back to his best. Must've just been me.

Not just you I thought that as well, Ok his set pieces still need some work but over all there was definite improvement there yesterday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince didn't kick the ball at the ref. The ref was too intent on bursting the balloon and not watching the game that he didn't move out of the way, , certainly nothing wrong with the pass.

Yes he did. He kicked the ball and it hit the ref. it was a very poor pass as he had no pressure on and rushed the pass, he did play well yesterday but I'm surprised people are ignoring the fair amount of mistakes he made. He looked shaky at times, understandable for him to be nervous though.

Kusz 8- great concentration towards the end.

Calde 8 - classic Calde performance really
Greer 7.5
Upson 7
Ward 7.5 - seems to work better with LuaLua than Bridge did actually, Bridge bombing forward and overlapping meant Kaz didn't really know where to go.

Ince 7.5 - improving but still gave it away a number of times, constantly overhit passes and looked clumsy. Some good tackles though with his Vieira legs.
Crofts 7
Lopez 6.5 - saw a couple of hints of his quality , needs more confidence in his ability back.

LuaLua 9 - MoM. It's all been said.
Barnes 7.5 - worked his arse off without many of our players near him a lot of the time. Link up play getting better and better.
Buckley 7.5 - had a 10 minute spell around the goals where he was totally unplayable.

Subs not involved enough to judge.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought Lopez showed a few signs of getting back to his best. Must've just been me.

Was going to start a thread making the same point. He saw some lovely passes yesterday but couldn't quite pull them off. Half a yard off the pace rather than the full yard he was a few weeks ago. Definitely relaxing and improving. But wouldn't have been on the pitch yesterday if Orlandi was fit I suspect.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I like Dave, but to say he's looking ok is still very wide of the mark. He may have improved yesterday, but only an improvement from a 4 to a five. His set pieces are still a shambles sadly.

I hope I'm wrong, but I am worried about him. At least last year you could excuse him taking until Christmas to come good last season - new country, team, style of play, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kusczack - 7.5 - great overall, but the goal was very poor. He anticipated that Ngog would reach it and leather it, so he set himself for that. When the ball dribbled on, along the original path, he just watched it roll past him.
Calderon - 7.5
Ward - 8
Upson - 8
Greer - 7.5
Ince - 8
Dave - 5
Crofts - 7 some good stuff, some bits less. Covered a huge amount if ground
Buckley - 7.5
Lua Lua - 8.5 would have been even higher, but for wasting the ball 5 times in the first half with poor crosses. Great game.
Barnes - 7.5. Selfless. Excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here