Bruno 6
Greer 7
Upson 7
Buckley 7
Crofts 6
Forster-Caskey 6 Magnificent goal; tired quite badly
Conway 7
Andrews 6
Barnes 8 Did his usual amount of hard work; held the ball up well; less "flouncing" than last season; really unlucky not to have scored when his shot hit the post. MoM for me.

Subs:
Calderon 6
Lita 7 Worked hard; looks sharp; nicely taken swivelled goal when presented with the chance.
Lopez 6 Free kick was a thing of beauty. Pretty much invisible otherwise, I fear. Hopefully, he'll kick on from the goal.

I agree that Barnes had a good-ish game and worked hard as the loan striker which did him no favours, maybe warranting 8/10 for effort, if not results. He was unlucky with that beautiful curled shot against the post which could have been a huge boost to his morale and confidence.

However Barnes' flouncing was 10/10, as flouncing goes it was a magnificent performance even by his own standards. Ashley got a fair amount of rough treatment that went unpunished and he was understandably frustrated that he got so little protection. The more he flounced, the less sympathy he got from the Ref, so maybe he needs to wind it in a bit, but maybe that's not in his character. The only thing that seemed to annoy the fans was when he insisted on having a protracted full flounce when the ball was still nearby and he ignored play when he could actually help us regain possession.

Barnes and Lita could be an interesting partnership until the rest of our strike force is fully fit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The only thing that seemed to annoy the fans was when he insisted on having a protracted full flounce when the ball was still nearby and he ignored play when he could actually help us regain possession.

Oh yes, you're right. I'd forgotten about that bit; the bit when I now remember shouting "Get up off the floor and help, you *******". Hmmmm. Still, overall, I think he did well.

It was interesting that when OG went 442, we scored twice in 10 minutes. I'll leave that train of thought there for the moment, but I agree that Barnes playing just off Lita looked good, even though it was for a short period of time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Barnes looked bemused when their centre half got booked for the foul on Lita that Spanish scored from. It was softer than most of the treatment that he'd received from the same player during the previous 90 minutes, all of which went unpunished.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages (6 votes)

Starters
Greer 7.17
Upson 7.17
Barnes 7.00
Ward 7.00
Kuszczak 6.67
Crofts 6.33
Andrews 6.17
Buckley 6.17 (66min)
Forster-Caskey 6.17 (83min)
Conway 5.75
Bruno 5.67 (53min)

Subs
Lita 7.50 (14min)
David Lopez 5.83 (31min)
Calderon 5.50 (44min)

Squad Average - 6.43

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh yes, you're right. I'd forgotten about that bit; the bit when I now remember shouting "Get up off the floor and help, you *******". Hmmmm. Still, overall, I think he did well.

It was interesting that when OG went 442, we scored twice in 10 minutes. I'll leave that train of thought there for the moment, but I agree that Barnes playing just off Lita looked good, even though it was for a short period of time.

I'm all for 4-4-2 if it means we would win every match 18-0

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak 7
Ward 7
Upson 6
Greer 7
Bruno 6
Buckley 7
Forster-Caskey 7