Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ranking every single Dutch player ever to play for the Albion

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
a midfield two of O'Callaghan and Dicker is LANGUID to say the least

I've done this kind of thing with friends before- a fantasy Albion world cup. You can make 11's from Spain, South America, Ireland, Scotland, France & Belgium, Netherlands, Asia, Africa and a few others. I'm sure you could make a Welsh one? Then a Northern Europe and Southern Europe perhaps.

South America's was generally the strongest I think. Spain had a great defence (consisting of 3 right backs and a left back) and an INSANE midfield but an absolutely diabolical front line
Not so sure about THAT.

Leonardo Ulloa was here on a Spanish passport. Ulloa up top, with Vicente at no.10, would be pretty decent...

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Not so sure about THAT.

Leonardo Ulloa was here on a Spanish passport. Ulloa up top, with Vicente at no.10, would be pretty decent...
I'd forgotten about Ulloa and had in in my South American team, but otherwise you'd be looking at a front 3 of Sandaza, Colunga and Rodriguez with Johnny Dixon on the bench

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd forgotten about Ulloa and had in in my South American team, but otherwise you'd be looking at a front 3 of Sandaza, Colunga and Rodriguez with Johnny Dixon on the bench
Had you forgotten ANSU FATI as well?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yes of course

This could become NSC's next great tournament
Even without 'borrowing' Ulloa:

...............................Sanchez
Montoya...Bruno....Cucurella...Calderon
Colunga.....Lopez....Vicente.....Orlandi
........................Fati....Rodriguez

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

you better believe I'm currently compiling the tournament squads. Keep an eye out for your PM's

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

and good as that side is, I reckon the Irish would take them (as long as Hendo didn't throw too many in)

........................Henderson
O'Regan.....Duffy...Lawrenson...S.Ward
G.Ryan.......Grealish....Dicker.....J.Byrne
...............M.Robinson...Ferguson

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It turns out that Soufyan Ahannach and Tim Krul played together in a side that somehow constituted the U21s.

View attachment 169307
That game was in the group stage of the 17-18 Football League trophy. It was only the second season academy sides had been taking part and the only selection criteria was 6 of the starting 11 had to be aged under 21 on June 30th 2017.

We’d not be allowed to name a side that experienced now as you can only name two players over 21 who’ve made more than 40 senior appearances.

We still lost 3-1.

Jimmy Grimble

I would have Locadia ahead of a few of those just for his excellent goal against Millwall in the FA Cup to get us back in the game. Contributed to one of the best away days ever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seagull Stew

Nice list. However, I feel that you have your rose tinted spectacles on for former players who were class acts for us in the lower divisions. Kuipers and Kraay wouldn't be anywhere near the first team with our current squad.

McCourt too.
The "waster" Irish Albion team with McCourt and Gorgeous Georges O'Callaghan as the midfield anchors

Here is the list of Greek players:

The end.
Didn't we have a Greek-Cypriot player who I guess could have nominated himself to play for Greece if he was any good (he wasn't), can't remember the name, mid-noughties very lightweight midfielder who became a missing person in the world of football after playing for us. I may have got every fact wrong there, however

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here