Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers administration (was: "Im not one to say this")

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wow from wiki rangers big signings, spent some money, did they avoid paying tax on a lot of these

1 Tore André Flo Chelsea £12,000,000
2 Michael Ball Everton £6,500,000
3 Mikel Arteta Barcelona £5,800,000
4 Andrei Kanchelskis Fiorentina £5,500,000
5 Giovanni van Bronckhorst Feyenoord £5,000,000
6 Ronald de Boer Barcelona £4,500,000
7 Barry Ferguson Blackburn Rovers £4,500,000
8 Arthur Numan PSV Eindhoven £4,500,000
9 Paul Gascoigne Lazio £4,300,000
10 Bert Konterman Feyenoord £4,300,000

Big money for them in the past, I always assumed they were bank rolled

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
- Rangers accruing this debt through supposed dodgy behaviour over many years. Like all football clubs, Rangers will employ a small number of highly paid individuals. It must be blindingly obvious whether they are handling their PAYE and similar correctly or not. But, no, Rangers are allowed to continue to the point that up to £75m is owed. This money will never be retrieved and the taxpayer loses. Again.
I don't get it either. How much is the ibrox worth? And how much are all of the players worth? Sell the lot, pay the debts, done. Why would it be done any other way. If it was you, they'd sell your home and kick your family out, so why is this different?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Rangers have appointed the administrators. Sake.

They won't even drop down the table with this point deduction. What is the point?

Well quite. Go into administration, 10 point deduction, still end up in Champions League. You shouldn't rewrite rules to suit individual circumstances but the outcome is a bit bloody silly in this case.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think owners whose clubs enter admin shouldn't be allowed to have any future involvement so at least they are not the ones to benefit ie what happened with Bates & pompeys owners. They may think twice then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here