Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Random question for anyone living in Midhurst..

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Is the A272 still shut through the town?
Travelled down to Pompey the other week and it was shut with no obvious diversion, so I ended up going about 30 miles out my way.
Popping down the New Forest on Friday so wondering whether to chance it (normal route when travelling west) or gamble with the M25, M3.

TIA

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe so, although that's only as a colleague mentioned it yesterday while I was bemoaning northerners coming down here.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
This caught me out when I went for the Bournemouth game. ( Coming from Pulborough and was stopping off in Winchester to see family on the way. )

I found a little road which skirted around. Looking at the map I think it might have been Hollist Lane. But watch out if you go this way, it's single track and potholed for quite a bit of it.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I went that way on Sunday, still closed. I was trying to get to Loomies on my bike, followed my nose and had a lovely ride down roads I never knew existed. Grass and moss growing in the middle of some of them... got there eventually.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes I have - yes most of my mates have and yes half the village have… Oh roadworks you say?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Caught me out too last Friday on my way to play golf at Petersfield.
A couple of ‘Road Closed Ahead’ signs but drove on expecting to see a diversion in place - there wasn’t one, so turned on Google Maps which sent me way north of the town.
On my return got caught out again thinking that at 6.30. pm the “roadworks would be finished”. Went south this time in the direction of Graffham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here