Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random places you've bumped into other 'Seagulls' fans....

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Went to a 'grid' class at the gym (London) at lunchtime and was wearing my 'Volt yellow' SKALAK shirt. Bloke in the changing rooms was over the moon to meet a fellow Jiri fan.

Grid is hard when you are out of shape.

Edit: In retrospect, London isn't a particularly unusual place to meet a BHA fan, but it was the first time I'd worn the top so I was happy someone knew who he was.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In Jamaica two years ago, met a bloke at breakfast who was wearing that years errea shorts. Spent the next two weeks exchanging pleasantries and watching the Leicester game on t'internet where we won away. My boys were so chuffed to have a fellow albion nut to whilevaway their holidays

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to a 'grid' class at the gym (London) at lunchtime and was wearing my 'Volt yellow' SKALAK shirt. Bloke in the changing rooms was over the moon to meet a fellow Jiri fan.

Grid is hard when you are out of shape.

Edit: In retrospect, London isn't a particularly unusual place to meet a BHA fan, but it was the first time I'd worn the top so I was happy someone knew who he was.

Isn't it GRIT ? !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
the guy frisking me on sunday to get into Harry Potter studio tour just outside Watford.

Used to work for BT next door to there.. Leavesden studios. Had to pass groups of early teens dressed up at the gates. Felt quite sorry for them actually :-D

Met Jimmy Case and his wife in Tescos in Exeter of all places. He had finished playing for us by the time though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Went to a "house-warming" party on Dhahran Family Camp in Saudi Arabia back in the early eighties. The guy "hosting" or looking after the place whilst the owners were on R&R was a guy who ran/owned a newsagents in Portland Rd and had a taxi business.

Not only that he also knew my sister who worked at the shop.

Knew a guy there (Aramco) who was actually making a very reasonable port. Couldnt believe how good it was.
Nobody from Brighton though :(

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Knew a guy there (Aramco) who was actually making a very reasonable port. Couldnt believe how good it was.
Nobody from Brighton though :(

When were you there Dave? Did you work for Aramco?

I was with a Servorg (or Service Organisation in Aramcospeak) - Welltrade Saudi Arabia.....
Never tried any port there but the Sidique went down a treat at the "4 o'clock club" most nights of the week mixed with cocacola or teem.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
When were you there Dave? Did you work for Aramco?

I was with a Servorg (or Service Organisation in Aramcospeak) - Welltrade Saudi Arabia.....
Never tried any port there but the Sidique went down a treat at the "4 o'clock club" most nights of the week mixed with cocacola or teem.

:)

Was a teem man myself !
I was in Al Khobar in late 79 early 80 after demanding to be released from the desert (King Khalid Military City)
Worked for Morrison Knudsen who were working for Ministry of Defence and Aviation.
When we realised that the guards at aramco came to attention and opened the barriers when we arrived in a MODA vehicle, we made the most of it :)
Most of the parties i went to were Lockheed, BAC, and some scaffolding company from Manchester that did a wicked party every couple of months.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Saw a chap at Dubai mall today wearing a Albion home shirt but was less than chatty when I let him know I was a fan living in Brighton, all I got out of him was " l'm from Horsham"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was on holiday in Kefalonia last month, and got chatting to a guy in the hotel bar. Just mentioned mid conversation that l was an Albion fan. Really he said, thats amazing so am I. Turned out he was a fellow season ticket holder to boot.

Where is your seat he asked, Lower West l replied, yours? Smethwick end came his reply.

He was a Baggie! Nice enough chap though, apart from the Brum accent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here