Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random Friday TRANCE, TECHNO and HOUSE thread

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
What a thread...best one on NSC yet!

Shame about the Ibiza fellas...never mind, started going down hill about 5 years ago. Even more so with the EDM junk at every club

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ha ha noooo

But they use to play different styles of music in each club trance, techno, etc etc. Now all clubs just play the same EDM

Wasn't meaning you. I really did go to Ibiza in 91 when they played proper house everywhere and the Cafe Del Mar wasn't a cliché. I can only imagine it's gone straight down the DeadMau5 / David Guetta route but it's not shitting in my peanuts, I can barely manage two weeks wine drinking in France these day :cry:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Wasn't meaning you. I really did go to Ibiza in 91 when they played proper house everywhere and the Cafe Del Mar wasn't a cliché. I can only imagine it's gone straight down the DeadMau5 / David Guetta route but it's not shitting in my peanuts, I can barely manage two weeks wine drinking in France these day :cry:
Hey lay off the mau5...his antics keep me entertained!

'91 would have been sweet.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I love this tune

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ha ha noooo

But they use to play different styles of music in each club trance, techno, etc etc. Now all clubs just play the same EDM

:lolol: I hear people saying this all the time and it's the age old clubbing cliche of "it's not the same anymore".

I've done 8 separate trips out there since 2001 and the island has ALWAYS had a bit of everything - including whatever was cheesy and commercial at the time. It's true there's alot of EDM this year but it's only because there's a market for it. Ibiza has always been super expensive and full of rich people. It's slightly different every year without fail. Take Pacha for instance, I remember in 2003 dancing to a 5 hour Laurent Garnier set in the VIP part with people I'd just met. Now it's got that dreadful steve aoki, but boom has popped up down the road and has Danny Whittle involved (who used to program the nights for Pacha) So if you want decent house you just go there. Sankeys is an awesome club and has carved a niche with it's music style and policy.
I'm pretty sure there was no EDM at Sankeys, Amnesia, Space or DC10 when I was in them 3 weeks ago!

That's what is so amazing about Ibiza, you can make it whatever you want it to be and you can be whoever you want to be (as long as you've got money).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Ha ha noooo

I'm not going to completely disagree with you but I can assure you I didn't hear much EDM at space or DC10...

Vegas,Miami and festivals etc dominate that scene although it's certainly now more prominent in Ibiza!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hope you had a good one. I thought it had changed a fair bit since I went 3 years ago but still had a corker. Struggling through today!

Was amazing, already talking about getting next year sorted. We did 4 nights which I think was enough, it still took me a week to get over it but at the end of the day if you're not struggling when you get back it means you didn't do it properly! I'm the wrong side of 30 now but I honestly don't think I'll ever stop loving it.

Back to the music, I heard Chris Liebing and Carl Cox drop this tune (Carl is at the Concorde on the 2nd Oct btw)

[yt]xJlntGFGE80[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here