Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Random accident in the house

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What's yours ?

Opened a kitchen cabinet this afternoon and failing to close the door, bent down to get a pan out of the bottom drawer below.

Stood up and caught the very sharp corner (they are don't have handles you may seen the type) right on the top of my head.

Much blood later and a 2.5 hour wait to be seen, I've completely recovered beyond having a cut on my bonce superglued together.

They are bastard things that were here when I moved in. This is the third time I've done it, albeit not this bad. It's a combination of the layout of the kitchen and clearly killer doors.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I stayed with my then GF at her sister’s home in Scotland, 30 years ago. We were house and teenage kids sitting. The (slim) 15 year old son had an incredible appetite, he could demolish a week’s worth of choc bars in an afternoon, so they had a secret larder hidden above a kitchen wall cabinet, asking us to bring down a few bars per day.

I climbed up to bring down the day’s quota and I brought down the entire wall cabinet.

A freshly boiled kettle of water landed on the floor mm’s away from their Maltese Terrier who ran away. We got him back unharmed later.

I bodged a repair and they saw the funny side on return from holiday. To my face.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a few.

I went to open the patio doors but it was already open. I only slightly slipped, but on a polished wooden floor managed to fall and bend my ankle beneath me.

I also slipped on another wooden floor (not mine) fall on a table and broke my ribs.

Both ended up in casualty. I "admire" these people like someone I know who fell down Angel tube station escalator pissed, ripped their suit to bits but came out relatively unhurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here