Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramp-up events at Falmer - First game CONFIRMED

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've been assuming that the ramp-up events will be footie matches, but heard yesterday of a possible concert featuring Brighton / Sussex bands. To be honest, it was rather vague, though.

Does anyone know what/when the actual events will be? Apologies if fixtures.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its not fixtures. Nothing has been announced.

The Albion did ask the Sussex FA to hold the SSC final at the Amex but there were reasons why not (cant remember them now). Something to do with dates I think?

I believe Kuipers testimonial will be at the stadium (he said so at his dinner).

Other than that its all :shrug:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I really could do with knowing, don't want to miss anything but supposed to be buying flights to a festival in Croatia hmmm..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still think I'll probably give these ramp-ups a swerve, whatever they are. I'd rather break my Amex cherry for a meangingful game on August 6th, I reckons.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Still think I'll probably give these ramp-ups a swerve, whatever they are. I'd rather break my Amex cherry for a meangingful game on August 6th, I reckons.

You say that now but will you be able to resist! I thought that too originally but I think I'll almost certainly go to the 'big' friendly game on the 30th July. It'll be good to suss everything out before the big day on 6th August.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I may do the same now as I'll probably miss the game on the 30th of July watching Sussex in Holland. Might as well miss the other two too.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'll be giving the ramp up games a swerve for sureeee

I thought we asked for the first date of the season to be away so it didn't clash with the Pride festival?

Yes we have, but its not 100% guaranteed until the Football League fixtures computer has done its thing. Its possible, but very unlikely, our request wont be granted.

In any case, Pride has been put back a week this year I believe

BINNEYS BOOTS

Aug 22, 2008
Think pride is going to be on last weekend in Aug or first in sept. It will be 17k max for friendly as a ramp-up event.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You say that now but will you be able to resist! I thought that too originally but I think I'll almost certainly go to the 'big' friendly game on the 30th July. It'll be good to suss everything out before the big day on 6th August.

If its a full capacity jobbie then I *might* go to whatever the BIG friendly is. I might.

But the limited capacity event can definitely DO one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I thought we asked for the first date of the season to be away so it didn't clash with the Pride festival?
Yes we have, but its not 100% guaranteed until the Football League fixtures computer has done its thing. Its possible, but very unlikely, our request wont be granted.

In any case, Pride has been put back a week this year I believe
Think pride is going to be on last weekend in Aug or first in sept. It will be 17k max for friendly as a ramp-up event.

NO, NO/YES, NO

Pride have kindly moved their parade to the following Saturday (13th) so that we may have the first home game on the 6th (if the fixture computer is kind to us).
This is because we had always asked for an away game so as not to clash with Pride.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If its a full capacity jobbie then I *might* go to whatever the BIG friendly is. I might.

But the limited capacity event can definitely DO one.

I'm sure they've said the first full capacity game will be the first league game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Is that definate, or are you taking a guess? I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a full capacity ramp up game before the first league game.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Pride is the 13th.

Definite

Pride in Brighton Hove 2011

Pride in Brighton & Hove
Pride Companion Dog Show Sunday 3rd July 2011
Summer Festival Week 6th – 14th Aug 2011
Pride Parade & Park Event Sat 13th August 2011

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Have heard through a steward that last ramp up event is 17k on 30th July against a well known team who the club are 90% sure at the moment of having as opponents for this game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here