Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you. The Ramones (76-77) are my favourite punk band; no, make that favourite band, of all time so I'll go.
I love this band. I them a few times, always delivered and always sounded exactly the same. I had three go-to running albums for when I was doing speed work…It’s Alive was one of them.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Yep both bands really impressive. Ramonas own stuff was good. Shame their drummer is leaving as she was superb. Just thought Sid was a bit of a knob.
To be fair, the real Sid was a bit of a knob so he was probably in character.
Best Pistols tribute I ever saw was a local mob, The Sussex Pistols, must've been 15 or 20 years ago, in The Albert. Great night, they really would people up, just like the real thing.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Wow. Was that the first gig they played at the Roundhouse? In John Robb's book, he writes that all the London punks were there and doubled their speed the day after. I saw them in Aylesbury in May 77 supported by Talking Heads and was just blown away by them live. I was also at the Rainbow gig where they recorded It's Alive and others of theirs.
On Friday I was reflecting that
1) both bands were more musically competent than the bands they were tributing
2) the Ramonas were better - I loved their own stuff especially the one about Littering
3) the SPE were more of a pastiche/performance but still an effective imitation of the (studio version) Pistols
4) I wish we had hovering pins over our heads with our NSC avatars on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here