Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rajiv van La Parra [on loan from Wolves until 2nd January]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We do need another winger that can cross. I think this signing may be just what the doctor ordered for Hemed, who's had terrible service since Lua Lua got crocked.

I'm pleased with this signing.

Ah so Hemed's barren spell is to do with quality of the balls he's received? Really? Nothing to do with snatching shots, powder puff shots and shocking headers then?
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
crossing looks good and Bobby will eat them up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In part, yes.

I think he's been slightly unlucky recently, and has been causing other teams problems. The goals will come, and I'm hoping better balls to his head will make a difference.

I hope you're right. I missed all the early games and have only seen him over the last 6 weeks or so and have not been at all impressed. I gather he started the season well though, so maybe the real Hemed is not the rather disappointing player that I have been watching.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I was hoping Manu might develop! But this seems a kick in the face.
In the meantime hull and Sheff Wed get ready to buy Ross McCormack come January.

Video looks good but don't they always?

Lets see with positive thinking.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's a fairly risk-free punt, it gives us another option and as the saying goes, 'one man's meat is another's poison', so just because Wolves fans don't rate him and they're lower down the table doesn't mean he'll be bad for us.

I'll stay positive until I'm inevitably proved wrong!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I hope you're right. I missed all the early games and have only seen him over the last 6 weeks or so and have not been at all impressed. I gather he started the season well though, so maybe the real Hemed is not the rather disappointing player that I have been watching.

Hemed has been rubbish since he missed the penalty against Wolves, he is a 1 goal in 12 chances striker (which is generous) and needs time on the bench but we have no one else to replace him! Personally don't think he is good enough to be a starter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If its sufficient to put everybody off of him I thought he was Wolves best player at The Amex and the only one who caused us any problems whenever he had the ball, fast and direct.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I sense this might be a deal which will enable Hughton to play Murphy as a second striker or just in behind the target man, rather than play Zamora and Hemed up front together. Van La Parra only really plays on the right I think, so maybe
Van la Parra----Murphy----March
Hemed/Zamora

Here's a thought

How about we trust the manager's judgement? If Hughton thinks he's a good addition to the squad that's good enough for me.

Or do we still believe that nonsense that the manager doesn't have the final decision on transfers?

Or another bit of nonsense that the club leaving everything to the last minute is the sole reason we haven't picked up a Messi?

Too many people on here seem to think that just because they are good at Football Manager or whatever it's called - I have no idea - they know better than the man whose job it is to make these decisions.

I suspect if we looked back at NSC when an unknown kid called Zamora arrived on loan we'd find people saying if he can't get into Bristol Rovers first team then he won't be any good for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here