Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail travel from Polegate and Eastbourne

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Seems very unfair that issue of travel costs form these towns has not been addressed
Seaford to Falmer = free
H Heath to Falmer = free
Worthing to Falmer = free
Polegate to Lewes £6.50 return

Subsidies on travel do not seem balanced

Don't like to moan as great team, great stadium ,great management team

I, along with lots of local people have to pay for travel, when I don't use it at all. I am not moaning, but is that any fairer? Or you could just swallow it as we have done, and put it down to part of supporting a great club with first rate facilities.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
This question was put to Paul Barber at a recent Q&A with some fans.

It appears to be unfair that the free travel zone doesn’t extend beyond Lewes towards
Uckfield or Eastbourne.
Answer: Albion are investigating with the rail and bus service providers to see if they will
extend the “free” travel zone to the east. However, it will ultimately be down to the
providers. Whatever happens, ultimately there will be someone in the free zone and
someone traveling in from just the other side of it.

Does anyone know whether the travel travel subsidy will go to Eastbourne next season?

Does anyone know whether the travel travel subsidy will go to Eastbourne next season?

Richard Hebberd said on an Albion Roar program some weeks back that the club are in discussion with Southern about this. From memory this at the stage of agreeing a price but I've heard/seen nothing since the radio show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here