Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rail Engineering Works, Sat Jan 18...Villa game

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can only speak for the very few times I've been forced to use them. There's space for about three or four cabs outside the station, and a ramshackle taxi office across the road. Personally I wouldn't risk being snookered there, either with or without a prior booking. Others with greater faith in the Lewes transport infrastructure may have other views obviously.

The taxi service in Lewes was absolutely fine. I managed to pick one up immediately when I got to Lewes after the game and then again around half 11 when I wanted to go back to Gatwick.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Wish I’d seen this before yesterday! Two hours to get to the Amex from Hassocks yesterday. Station at 1, first Brighton bus turns up at 1.30 with 4 seats available on it, next one at 2. Into Brighton and just managed to get a delayed train that got into Falmer just after 3. Not much better getting home, Brighton station is not set up for a bus replacement service.

Three and a half hours travelling getting from Hassocks to Falmer and back.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
From Timbo's comments it sounds as if I was lucky to have avoided replacement busses on the way back.

I ended up booking on Seagull Travel to take a coach after the game from the Amex to Horley, which is their closest stop to Gatwick. I knew it was a 30 minute walk or a few minutes on a bus from Horley to Gatwick.
But the coach park was so bunged up after the game that our coach didn't get away until after 5.30. It was already about 6.30 when we were at Pease Pottage and it was looking quite dodgy for me.
But a very helpful driver and a couple of the passengers with local knowledge found a great place to drop me off on the way very close to Gatwick. Thank you Seagull Travel !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here