Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail Disruption - Victoria Station Closed

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Any peeps thinking about coming back from Victoria in the next few hours. DON'T. The station is closed due to flooding. Use an alternative if you can.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
got a train at 3.30, just in time :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
got through just in time i think, literaly waterfalls down the columns and over inch of water in places. apparently west bound District was flooded too.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
On the subject of flooding stations. When are they going to damp-proof East Croydon? It has leaked for donkeys years. Or is it simply that the yokels steal the coursing or lead or other such materials?

D

Deleted User X18H

Has London Bridge closed due to overcrowding yet always did in my day!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has London Bridge closed due to overcrowding yet always did in my day!!

Yup, that's the normal pattern. One terminus shuts, the other immediately overcrowds and ends up shutting as well. Oh, and Worst Capital Connect immediately reduce the length of their trains to four carriages just to piss people off even more.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Must have just missed this as caught the 17:17 off Victoria tonight

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Got the 4:15 from Victoria and all seemed fine. Glad I missed the chaos!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They seemed very confused whether it was open or not. I got into Brighton from London about 5:30 ish, and they were cancelling trains going back up.

Got on a train to "Victoria" around 8, which was diverted to London Bridge midway because of flooding at Victoria. Got off at East Croydon, ( spat on the platform etc...) with a view to getting a train to Balham.

On the other side of the platform was a train heading to Victoria, which I took to Clapham Junction.

Was Victoria closed at any point at all, or was it just a rumour going round the station announcers ?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Was Victoria closed at any point at all, or was it just a rumour going round the station announcers ?

defo shut at around 17:35, missus says the gates were closed.

and if you're in Clapham, cant you use a bus? those big red things that go everywhere. or even walk (the leg thing). :p

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
erm... from victoria... which wasnt where you were was it...:blush::down:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got off the tube at Victoria at about 5:40 and the mainline station was evacuated and closed. Then about 6ish they evacuated the tube station as well. Finally got on a train about 8 and got home at just gone 10. Bloody nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here