Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAG FREAK- Cranbourne st

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Just walked past, Can't believe that after 42 years it's closing down due to owners retirement. Opened in 1969, just think of all the recessions and economic changes it has seen, a real icon of Brighton town centre, probably be replaced by a starbucks!!

A REAL SHAME!! but hats of to the owner for all his years of dedication!:cheers:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remember it seeming like an AMAZING place to go when we were all nippers.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
red and black stripey mohair jumper.... six-buckle winklepickers.... exploited t-shirts ... the list is endless.

you're right it will be a sad loss to b'ton town centre

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The chap who ran it was an amusing chap. I took my daughter (a real girly girl back then) in there when she was about 11 - just to see something different. As we had a look around (trust me - I don't look like one of their customer either) he said "Hi" looked at my daughter and said dead-pan "so are you a goth ?".

Also an old girlfriend worked there back in the day.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hate to say this but I have found it one of the most unfriendly shops in Brighton, and the female that serves in there has to be one of the rudest individuals I have ever met.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The chap who ran it was an amusing chap. I took my daughter (a real girly girl back then) in there when she was about 11 - just to see something different. As we had a look around (trust me - I don't look like one of their customer either) he said "Hi" looked at my daughter and said dead-pan "so are you a goth ?".

Also an old girlfriend worked there back in the day.

Hate to say this but I have found it one of the most unfriendly shops in Brighton, and the female that serves in there has to be one of the rudest individuals I have ever met.

I had a mate who was chucked out of there (genuinely) for wearing a shirt of a band they didn't like in the shop.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
My sis and I went in there one day and we were both in work clothes (office smart) and they really looked down on us as "selling out to the man". Didn't go in there much after that, and preferred King of Rock when it was open as they always seemed much nicer people.

Shame it's closing though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My Dad and Grandad painted the original big Union Jack on the front of that building.......they also did the big American flag across the road.

:thumbsup:

3336190858_2423d49d4e_z.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here