Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rafael Santos Borré

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've got relatives who are STHs at River Plate and they say he's shitehouse.

Is that how it goes?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Also, remember the procedure for signing strikers.

They are marketed that way, then after signing, fans of the previous club tells us, they aren't really a striker, more of a winger. Never really played up front at all

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Established first teamer, aged 25 so coming toward his peak, free transfer, the only let down is that he’s quite similar style wise to our two current first teamers. Would be positive about this one and hope it meant Connolly could have a Championship loan to play 40 games and Zeqiri be the complimentary third option. Assuming the money or opportunity to sign an even bigger talent isn’t there, this could be a good balanced signing all round and realistic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking at the photo further down the thread she looks like she could be 13 or 14 (years old).

Sadly that says more about you (and me) than it does about whether Raf once DJ'ed at Radio 1.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
He looks good but the best thing about him is his eyes.
His eyes tell me he is a man of focus,confidence, intensity and passion.
Defenitly one of those players who's mere presence on the pitch can unsettle the opposition.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lad finished joint top scorer in the Argentinian League, he's 25 and out of contract, so he's going somewhere.

Gremio finished 6th in Brazil so not the sexiest club for him to be joining. I see he's had a couple of spells in Spain that haven't worked out.

The highlight reel shows he is a real poacher but similar in height and positioning to what we already have in Maupauy, Andone and Connolly, and I notice at times he uses his right when he should clearly be using his left.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Also, remember the procedure for signing strikers.

They are marketed that way, then after signing, fans of the previous club tells us, they aren't really a striker, more of a winger. Never really played up front at all

Then we find out they have a promising DJ career...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not for me Clive. Everything on the showreel suggested he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, using his pace. That’s what Connolly and to a lesser extent, Wellbeck want to do. Waste of money.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Not for me Clive. Everything on the showreel suggested he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, using his pace. That’s what Connolly and to a lesser extent, Wellbeck want to do. Waste of money.

The only difference I can see is that when he hits it at least the net moves.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Established first teamer, aged 25 so coming toward his peak, free transfer, the only let down is that he’s quite similar style wise to our two current first teamers. Would be positive about this one and hope it meant Connolly could have a Championship loan to play 40 games and Zeqiri be the complimentary third option. Assuming the money or opportunity to sign an even bigger talent isn’t there, this could be a good balanced signing all round and realistic.

What is this obsession with sending Connolly out on loan to the Championship? He's already a Premier League player with us and once he gets his physicality settled and his body finishes maturing, we'll have a star on our hands. He's only young and with a few solid games under his belt, he'll find his feet nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here