[Football] Rafa gone..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought the monkey hangers were Hartlepool?

main-qimg-e22d5f65da9bac6429c5d465f961e2dd-c.jpg

You thought correct.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And only a few days later. All rather convenient. Almost as though he had it in the bag all along.

Gets to walk away from Newcastle with his reputation unscathed, and they still worship the ground he walks on, blaming Ashley for everything. Genius, Rafa. Genius.

Don't blame him. £12m a year with probably big tax breaks, not sure how long for, but that's £36m for a bog standard 3 year contract. He's won La Liga, Champions League, Uefa Cup, Europa League, FA Cup. He could go for the Premier League but which club capable would employ him?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't blame him. £12m a year with probably big tax breaks, not sure how long for, but that's £36m for a bog standard 3 year contract. He's won La Liga, Champions League, Uefa Cup, Europa League, FA Cup. He could go for the Premier League but which club capable would employ him?

Man Utd after they bin Ole before Christmas.........

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Any lingering respect I had for Rafa Benitez is gone. I get he's gone for the money and yeh, yeh he's not the only one, but why did he have to come out and make that statement about the Newcastle board not sharing the same vision. Totally disingenuous. You want the money Rafa, fair enough, don't blame it on Ashley

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Any lingering respect I had for Rafa Benitez is gone. I get he's gone for the money and yeh, yeh he's not the only one, but why did he have to come out and make that statement about the Newcastle board not sharing the same vision. Totally disingenuous. You want the money Rafa, fair enough, don't blame it on Ashley

He had a vision of him earning £12M a year; they did not...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surprised that he has chased the money to imitation football when I would have thought that he was already a very wealthy 'spanish waiter' and would still get a reasonable club be interested in having him as manager.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yeah, poor Mike. :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well, Ashley isn't the bloke I'd want in charge of my club, mostly because he a bit boorish and obnoxious as a person, but he's nowhere near as bad a football chairman as Newcastle fans make out. This whole narrative they've created, where Ashley hasn't "invested" in players and Benitez is working miracles against all odds is manifestly bollocks

Yeah, poor Mike. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow you wouldn't have thought the poster currently scrounging around Sussex looking for cheap meat, (not a euphemism (I think)) would be the same poster to suggest Rafa should turns down £12m a year.

Yet there it is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wow you wouldn't have thought the poster currently scrounging around Sussex looking for cheap meat, (not a euphemism (I think)) would be the same poster to suggest Rafa should turns down £12m a year.

Yet there it is.

If I was a few pounds behind Rafa I wouldnt be concerned about the future other than doing what I wanted at the best level possible.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Proper job in terms of money, but not in prestige. I reckon he'll pop up in China.

Really ? I don't think he's ready for the junkyard yet. I think he's Italy or Spain-bound. He has far too high a profile to disappear into the backwaters.

Money wins!!! China it is then.

Oh Rafa, so much for your protestations of how the club was being run, you just wanted more £££/$$$

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh Rafa, so much for your protestations of how the club was being run, you just wanted more £££/$$$

Still amazed at that.

Its like Harvey Keitel doing car insurance ads.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Can't you leave a workplace because you think it's management is RUBBISH but also then go somewhere for lots of money?

'It was a big problem,' he said. 'In terms of my decision, I was waiting and I was asking for clarity and, like the fans, we didn't know.

'Eventually, you have to decide. I could not continue in the same way, because I couldn't see how to progress. It had to be clear to me — who was the owner, what would they do — and it wasn't clear at any time.'

That China offer was in the background for a VERY long time. If it was already done and dusted that he was going, from a PR point of view he would have been advised to leave Newcastle straight after the season, give it a few weeks to be out the headlines, then go to China.

Announcing his next club immediately is being interpreted as 'taking the money' where I see it COMPLETELY differently. I see it as he waited as long as possible for SOME shred of evidence from the club that there were plans. Eventually, it was clear there wasn't and he took the China deal that had been there all along.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I genuinely don't understand.
Here's a thread of Toonites 'proudly' saying they are no longer Newcastle season ticket holders.
Most if not all are saying they've been holders for xx years, meaning they've supported Ashley for xx years.

I just can't make sense of it.

https://twitter.com/IfRafaGoesWeGo

In that there's a 12 point manifesto. (which I seem unable to move too here)

It's the most basic of glaringly obvious stuff, which had they implemented x years ago, Ashley would have left and their darling Rafa would still be there.

They really are a bunch of entitled idiots who haven't got a clue about what they actually want.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here