Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Radostin Kishishev

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who remembers him with the affection I do…….
Like a Simon Morgan type player. Only around one season but always remembered.

Anyone else ?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Kitchen Chef — great player. A class above everyone else on the pitch. Just made the team tick over nicely. No thrills, a real midfield general.

Last edited:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Who remembers him with the affection I do…….
Like a Simon Morgan type player. Only around one season but always remembered.

Anyone else ?

Yes, Kishy was different gravy that last season at Withers, great player, sadly he had to return home for personal reasons. Gus really did put together a great squad of players that year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kish.PNG

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
absolutely incredible player

couldn't run but was always in the right place at the right time and absolutely hard as nails

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved him as a player, you could see the quality he had. He went home to Bulgaria for two or three months in our 2010/11 season, with the club mentioning family reasons.
A couple of days before that, I’d seen him in Churchill Square looking quite down, but I plucked up courage to speak to him. He was surprised I recognised him.
I found out later he had just found out his wife had breast cancer, and sadly died of it within a year. She was only in her 30s, and they had several children.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I loved him as a player, you could see the quality he had. He went home to Bulgaria for two or three months in our 2010/11 season, with the club mentioning family reasons.
A couple of days before that, I’d seen him in Churchill Square looking quite down, but I plucked up courage to speak to him. He was surprised I recognised him.
I found out later he had just found out his wife had breast cancer, and sadly died of it within a year. She was only in her 30s, and they had several children.

Oh that is sad, I wonder what he is doing now ? I hope he and his family are ok.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Liam was a brilliant player for us, sadly, was unsettled by Gus and the 'bright lights' of Sunderland. Don't let bitterness cloud your judgement Justice!
I was taking the piss yes great player for us and he should of stayed at the Albion personally think Gus ruined his career. I’ve read since his family told him not to sign for Sunderland shame he didn’t listen to them.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I was taking the piss yes great player for us and he should of stayed at the Albion personally think Gus ruined his career. I’ve read since his family told him not to sign for Sunderland shame he didn’t listen to them.

Totally agree with this. The two most disappointing players leaving us for me were Bridcutt and Murray, both indirectly Poyets decisions. Where could we have been if things had been different? Where would those up the road have been also? Still, we are where we are now, onto Anfield.......

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was fantastic for us and a big part of why the group was so successful. I can only imagine him being a hugely positive influence on the dressing room because of the career he'd had, he knew it was coming to an end and there was a squad of players around him who had the ability to do something special and create memories for themselves and the fans. It was a huge shame for him what happened with his wife that season with us, I hope the club took appropriate care of him and I suspect they did.

Only good memories of Kishishev for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Class player back when he played for Charlton, didnt know he had a season in Brighton. Most capped Brighton player?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Was surprised to see that he played 32 games in our promotion season. From what I remember most of them were from the subs bench to see us over the line late in games.

Quality player, top pro and just what we needed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
According to the 52 players thread, he is the current boss of Bulgarian side Chernomorets 1919.

I think he's now their director of youth football after being replaced as manager in November 2019 (that article has a few mistakes although it was written a year or so ago)

Was surprised to see that he played 32 games in our promotion season. From what I remember most of them were from the subs bench to see us over the line late in games.

Quality player, top pro and just what we needed.

He actually started 21 of his 32 appearances for us, which is a good return for someone who could hardly run. He was absolute class that season, read the game brilliantly (which helped with his lack of mobility) and could pick a pass.

With 88 caps I suspect he is. [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] ?

Probably the most capped player to ever play for us, can't think of anyone with more caps, but none of them were won while he played for us (think the most caps while a Brighton player is Shane Duffy who must be nearing 40 caps while playing for us.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here