Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radiohead? Is it me?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
On the radio at the moment. One of the biggest bands in the world but sounds like a dreary load of old bollocks to me.

Funny you should say that. Recently I thought there must be something in them, so I bought 3 albums - have listened to all several times and just don't get it, but one of my best mates absolutely adores them ??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They can be very dreary. I did see Thom Yorke do something very funny at a gig once though (on tv, I wasn't there). A memeber of the audience yelled "cheer up" at him and he responded by performing Creep in the style of a George Formby ditty. Made me chuckle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definatly dreary as in bleak and somber.

if you are forced to listen a few time however you realise its quite good. not my cup of tea, i'd rather have something more cheerfull.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Bends and OK Computer are EXCEPTIONAL albums but personally I don't dig the rest as much and would tend to agree they can get a bit dreary.

I thought Kid A was a pile if shite and yet it's regularly hailed as a work of art

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Radiohead is good suicide music

I quite like OK Computer, but all the rest is just a bit dull and samey

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Doesn't do anything for me either.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
no its not just you, i bought Hail To The Thief and TRIED to like it but only put up with one song...

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
the greatest band of my generation without any question (i'm 22 by the way) and in rainbows is sublime. i can see how some of it can be deciphered as 'dreary' but i like it and tom's lyrics are always amazing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't really like them. Coldplay are much better.

You've done it now. Don't you realise it is a NSC rule that you are NEVER allowed to say anything positive about Coldplay. NEVER under any circumstances.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Radiohead were great but after Ok Computer dissapeared up their own backsides never to be seen again, much like Oasis did after What's the Stiory, Morning Glory.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
clearly neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. and this is why i won't be discussing music tastes on a message board any further. trying to convince people that theirs is just plain shit is a waste of time.

Told you so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here