Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Radio Sussex

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Geeky question here.

Can you get radio Sussex outside of Sussex (in London) live?

I want to get Brighton commentary live without delay.

Thanks in advance

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
With a really good aerial, and the right atmospherics, and without anything to interfere with the signal, maybe.

I used to listen to the occasional game on Radio Sussex from my top floor flat at the brow of a hill in Blackheath. If you're in a valley in NW London I imagine you'd have no chance.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s piped through the Albion App which you can listen to anywhere
Not live !!

I've found a streaming source that is only 2 second delay (viaplay in Holland) I want to marry that up with English commentary but does appear tricky.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I listen to Sussex on the Radioplayer app, on my phone not sure if it’s delayed or live but the scouser behind the commentary box last night was a treat!
I would have lost my bet of the night though as I thought Warren was a certainty to bring up Maupay not going over to the fans last season… he’s not usually one to forgive and forget

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I listen to Sussex on the Radioplayer app, on my phone not sure if it’s delayed or live but the scouser behind the commentary box last night was a treat!
I would have lost my bet of the night though as I thought Warren was a certainty to bring up Maupay not going over to the fans last season… he’s not usually one to forgive and forget
Interesting thanks will give it a go.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Not live !!

I've found a streaming source that is only 2 second delay (viaplay in Holland) I want to marry that up with English commentary but does appear tricky.
Viaplay was horrible yesterday. The sound was about 2 seconds behind the service.

A lot of people have asked them to include English commentary, here and in Scandinavia but to no avail. It's extra frustrating as they tweet out the goals with English commentary.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not live !!

Shouldn’t that read….”unfortunately not live, but thanks for trying to help” 👀

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not live !!

But is any streaming live? Take BBC Iplayer, its 30 secs behind over the air.

FM requires line of sight, you can get BBC Sussex in London but you'll need to go somewhere horrible like up a tower block or Crystal Palace

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
The commentary often ISN'T available live online on the BBC website/iPlayer. That's why you normally get the Final Whistle part but not the match itself.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not live !!

The commentary is live - the method of delivery though means there is a lag . On analogue radio (FM) - hardly any, on streaming (via Albion app) - a fair bit. And rights means its availability is sometimes restricted - but 5 live (available nationally ) often feature Albion commentary as they did last night.
Can you sync up RSX with a dodgy streaming site ? / why would you do that ? Warren /JC are fine as they are !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
But is any streaming live? Take BBC Iplayer, its 30 secs behind over the air.

FM requires line of sight, you can get BBC Sussex in London but you'll need to go somewhere horrible like up a tower block or Crystal Palace
amazingly there are some services that are close to live. Amazon being one of them sometimes. And per a friend in Holland viaplay also seems to be live live as he was commenting on the Charlton game when I was at the match in real time and last night was a good 25 seconds ahead of my peacock feed.

I've tried many legal streaming services over the years and most are 20-30 second delay up to one minute. I'm not sure how viaplay do it?

Should be fairly easy to transmit speech only in real time. Granted BBC are pretty hopeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here