Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Radio commentary from last night

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Can anyone please post a link to the Radio 5 Live and BBC Sussex commentaries from last night please?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Surely that would only apply to local radio station commentaries,which are monetarised?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It wasn't on 5 Live. It was on Talk Sport and live on Radio Sussex - but both - for rights reasons - don't allow you to listen back.
BBC Sussex normally post on Twitter the goals or a short highlights package of JC and Warren but don't seem to have done so this time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Usually there's a catch up search "The final whistle" but not for a midweek game

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Usually there's a catch up search "The final whistle" but not for a midweek game
Normally there is and sometimes for midweek games but unfortunately there's no final whistle (ie: the post match phone in /analysis) available on Sounds as far as i can tell post Man City or even "unlabelled" which it sometimes is as the first 20 mins or so of Paul Miller. Although they did obviously do it live - i listened to it on the way home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It wasn't on 5 Live. It was on Talk Sport and live on Radio Sussex - but both - for rights reasons - don't allow you to listen back.
BBC Sussex normally post on Twitter the goals or a short highlights package of JC and Warren but don't seem to have done so this time.
…R5 did occasionally go to the game though …for sad people like me i listened to those bits (skipped their goal though)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I was listening to the first half on talksport while playing 9 holes. Stuart Pearce loves us. So does Adrian Durham.

It might amuse you that on my 8th hole I nailed a drive on a par 5 so only left myself 200 yards to the green. As I was swinging for my second shot Enciso scored and I duffed it left into the trees and ended up making bogey. Bloody wondergoals ruining my evening.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
It was on Talksport, which is how I was forced to listen as youngest had a football match at West Brom and was travelling back. It was fair to say that you couldn't eulogise any side more highly than Sam Matterface and Stuart Pearce's commentary did on our performance. It was incredible to hear.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I hope Sussex do post the goal audio at some point - it's an absolute peach. You can hear the sort of goal it was from the sound of the crowd, followed by JC's reaction. It's a heart stopping moment and a really great bit of radio.

I guess it'll get played during the build up on Sunday if nothing else.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
…R5 did occasionally go to the game though …for sad people like me i listened to those bits (skipped their goal though)
The bit on R5 when we scored was referred to in another thread, with a link to BBC sounds. They had Guillaume Balgue, the Spanish journalist on at the time to talk about something else, but he just went on about how all the top coaches in Europe were looking at us, and wondering how to stop us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just remembered that Enciso nearly (it was tipped onto the cross bar) scored another worldie - just a few minutes after coming on at West Ham in the 4-0 win.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm sure commentary by JC and Warren on the radio is more powerful than any commentary with video.

But I'm not sure why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here