Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racist murderers get 17 and 23 years

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cousins jailed for racist murder

Barton and Taylor followed Anthony to McGoldrick Park
The racist killers of black teenager Anthony Walker have been told they must serve minimum terms of 17 and 23 years.
Anthony, 18, was killed with an ice axe at McGoldrick Park in Huyton, Merseyside, on 29 July.

Michael Barton, 17, of Boundary Road, Huyton, who was found guilty of his murder on Wednesday, will serve a minimum of 17 years and eight months.

Paul Taylor, 20, of Elizabeth Road, Huyton, admitted murder and must serve at least 23 years and eight months.

On Friday Mr Justice Leveson told Taylor and Barton: "This was a racist attack of a type poisonous to any civilised society.

"In spite of your youth, deterrent sentences are vital."

You crept into the park with evil on your mind

Mr Justice Leveson
"You took from Anthony Walker his most precious possession, that is to say his life and all it held for him.

"He was a young man of enormous promise, lost in a moment.

"You have damaged forever the lives of those who loved him."

He told Barton, who was convicted on Wednesday, that although he did not wield the axe, he was jointly responsible for the murder.

He said: "This was a terrible incident and you played a full part in jointly bringing the ice axe to further your terrifying attack.

Anthony Walker was out with his girlfriend and cousin

"You knew what you intended to do as you drove searching out your quarries and you crept into the park with evil on your mind."

On Wednesday Preston Crown Court, sitting in Liverpool, heard Barton shouted racist abuse at Anthony as he waited at a bus stop with cousin Marcus Binns and girlfriend, Louise Thompson.

The three walked away but Barton, whose brother is Manchester City footballer Joey Barton, and Taylor ambushed them near McGoldrick Park.

"The terror evident in Marcus Binns and Louise Thompson proves beyond all reasonable doubt that this was not simply two groups bumping into each other," Mr Justice Leveson continued.

"I am sure that the fear [the defendants] generated was deliberate and the plan was premeditated."

Marcus and Louise managed to escape but Taylor caught up with Anthony and drove the ice axe into his skull, Preston Crown Court, sitting in Liverpool heard.

Gee Walker said she "admired" Taylor for expressing remorse

Taylor pleaded guilty to murder but Barton, who denied the same charge, was convicted of the killing on the grounds he supplied the weapon and started the confrontation.

Outside court, Anthony's mother Gee Walker said she accepted the sentence and hoped Taylor and Barton would use their time behind bars to "reflect on what they've done".

"No amount of time, no sentence, no matter how long, it will not bring my son back," she added.

She said she "admired" Taylor for having expressed remorse at the murder.

Defence barrister Andrew Menary QC had told the judge in mitigation that Taylor was "horrified" by what he had done and wanted to apologise to the family.

"Surely his mum must have instilled some goodness in him for him to accept that he has done something wrong," Mrs Walker said.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well said Mr Levenson.

They should never come out in my book. Life should mean life.

I dread to think what sort of treatment they will get if they come accross some black inmates......

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Scum, hopefully they will have to enjoy the next 20 odd years recieving anal rape from black members of the prison.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They'll be out in 6 to 8 years on license, they'll probably join a white racist group inside for protection if no other reason and could come out like Aryan Nation stalwarts.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
looney said:
They'll be out in 6 to 8 years on license, they'll probably join a white racist group inside for protection if no other reason and could come out like Aryan Nation stalwarts.

Exactly :nono: I fear they may even be heroes to some inside.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Why doesn't anyone ever get life (meaning until they die) these days?

Because we live in a soft, decadent and morally degenerate world.

At some point this decay will either collapse our world into anarchy and mass civil conflict and/or Britain(and the west)will find its nerve and there will be a reckoning for the trecherous ilk. Well at least Ive got a 50/50 chance of enjoying the outcome what about you?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know about you, but I think Anthony Walker's mother is an amazing woman.

To forgive Barton and Taylor for what they've done, is remarkable, and something I'm not sure I could do under the circumstances.

I know it's a religious thing, but even some religious people would struggle with something as horrible as what happened to her family.

I admire her totally.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Only 17 and 23 years for being racist then going home, getting an axe and then finding the person and hitting him around the head?

Lunacy.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
DAMANCLAY said:
Scum, hopefully they will have to enjoy the next 20 odd years recieving anal rape from black members of the prison.

seconded, sadly.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
edna krabappel said:

To forgive Barton and Taylor for what they've done, is remarkable, and something I'm not sure I could do under the circumstances.

I know it's a religious thing, but even some religious people would struggle with something as horrible as what happened to her family.

I admire her totally.

:clap:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
edna krabappel said:

I admire her totally.

I can see your point but don't you find the religious dogma a bit creepy. She doesn't give me the impression it's a well thought out position, more that it's a programmed response.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
looney said:

That's dumb even by looney's standards..the judge said they must serve minimum terms of 17 and 23 years. How could that mean that they'll be out in six?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here