Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Race across the World.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Something definitely suspicious about Michael losing his money belt! She’s talked him into losing that so they could go home.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Really don’t see why this programme needs a bloody ‘celebrity’ version. Then it just becomes a ****ing gimmick.

S2 learnt from S1, where the father and son team were infinitely more interesting than all the others, and - crucially - went on an emotional journey as well as a physical one.

That became the main point of the series - yes the race aspect is interesting to a decent degree, the travel scenery and stories fantastic, but it’s the dynamics within each couple that really make it.

Do I really want to watch Gregg ****ing Wallace gurning, acting up and ‘TV personality’ing his way across Mali or something? Like **** I do. If I wanted to watch that I’d tune into Comic Relief once a year and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I also think that 'normal people ' are a lot more interesting than 99% of celebrities.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The only one I have heard of is Annie Lennox and I cant stand her

Greg Wallace is one of the UK's most popular TV personalities hosting amongst other things MasterChef, Eat Well for Less and Inside the Factory, all hugely popular. Marcus Brigstocke is one of the funniest men in Britain and was the face of the rib tickling Experian TV adverts last year, Dave Benson Phillips was a huge 90s Children's TV host his work includes the groundbreaking 'Get Your Own Back'.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Greg Wallace is one of the UK's most popular TV personalities hosting amongst other things MasterChef, Eat Well for Less and Inside the Factory, all hugely popular. Marcus Brigstocke is one of the funniest men in Britain and was the face of the rib tickling Experian TV adverts last year, Dave Benson Phillips was a huge 90s Children's TV host his work includes the groundbreaking 'Get Your Own Back'.

[yt]OMg3epr53Ns[/yt]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Something definitely suspicious about Michael losing his money belt! She’s talked him into losing that so they could go home.

My missus said that too - especially as they broke up when they got home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Managed to see the final ( Race) episode last night on catch up, was very good and I'm glad the lads from Manchester won it, was starting to tire of Jen and her tantrums by the end though. Most of it was a very good watch though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
BBC have confirmed the celebrity version they were due to be filming has now been cancelled until 2022. Which is a shame as they had a revised stellar line up including Trisha Goddard, Clinton Morrison, Sinnita and Rev Richard Coles.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Season 3 - Canada

Great news of the new series and a much anticipated celebrity edition. Let's hope the original celebrities taking part pre-covid will be in it.

Season 3 - Canada

Great news of the new series and a much anticipated celebrity edition. Let's hope the original celebrities taking part pre-covid will be in it.

The first series from London to Singapore is still my favourite, not least because the route took them through so many different cultures.

The second series being entirely in South America made it a bit same-y. But looking forward to this new series anyway.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The first series from London to Singapore is still my favourite, not least because the route took them through so many different cultures.

The second series being entirely in South America made it a bit same-y. But looking forward to this new series anyway.

If you thought that one was good wait until you see the celebrity version.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to it, enjoyed both previous incarnations of this (feels like a different world now!)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
My fave tv program. Just binge watched the first 2 series again.

Would love to apply for Series 4 but my wife not interested and my daughter would not survive 5 mins without her phone

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looking forward to this too. Probably a slightly different view of Canada to the one I get!

Hopefully there's at least one awful couple on it. That's what makes it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Definitely be watching this - been to Canada a couple of times, once for ski-ing so only saw the resort and once for work so only downtown Toronto. Be nice to see more of the country my employer is based in.

papachris

My fave tv program. Just binge watched the first 2 series again.

Would love to apply for Series 4 but my wife not interested and my daughter would not survive 5 mins without her phone
Me and my Mrs actually applied for the second series. We love this sort of thing, we are very practical and good at problem solving. Made a short video as part of yhe application as well but unfortunately not picked.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
So far it seems just to show that the best way to get around in Canada is by car and if you ask nicely someone will take you for free!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here