Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P Mr George Cole...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
ITV4 at 1.00pm if you want to remind yourself of the genius of the man. Most of the George Cole/Denis Waterman series bear a re-watch or two. Great partnership to which George Cole contributed so much. More of my youth gone.........

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Unfortunately it appears there are no Youtube clips of him actually doing the walk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So many episodes of Minder are on YouTube and not many of them aren't completely brilliant.

Amazing to think that at first, he was meant to be supporting a Denis Waterman red hot off the Sweeney. But then he just BECAME Arthur Daley and that was that. I reckon you can learn perfect comic acting just by watching him.

This. It was one of my favourite programs as a kid. So many classic episodes. I especially loved the rivalry between Arthur and the two detectives Rycott and Chisholm which developed in the latter series; some great stuff as Arthur out-witted these two.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was a bit young to remember Minder the first time around, but ive since watched a fair few episodes during its run on ITV4 and its brilliant.

RIP sir.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I especially loved the rivalry between Arthur and the two detectives Rycott and Chisholm which developed in the latter series; some great stuff as Arthur out-witted these two.

Only found out recently that Peter Childs (who played Rycott) was a Sussex man - from Eastbourne. He sadly died quiet young.

In the early 80s I was sharing a flat in London with a couple of mates. I remember that we spent pretty much every night out, except the nights when Minder was on. It was the only programme we had to stay in for, it was that good. George Cole was a comic genius

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely sad today when i heard this today, not been affected like that since Rik Mayall left us.
RIP George and thanks for all the great laughs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just discovered there are plenty of Minder episodes on YouTube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here