Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] R.I.P MF Doom

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Doom was a legend, I've many of his records king geedorah, madvillany, mmm food, operation doomsday are some of the finest modern era albums post 90s.

Doom was your favourite MC's favourite MC.

Cookin soul's DOOM XMAS tape is a recent project from an exciting Spanish producer.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Expect this thread to be full of the usual cretins saying they don’t know who he is but what a final sucker punch from this terrible year. :nono:

https://www.complex.com/music/2020/12/mf-doom-dead-49

One of the most technically brilliant rappers ever, and one of the first U.K. born emcees to make it big across the pond.

An absolute legend lost :(

Whitechapel - bit unfair to suggest anyone who doesn’t know who Doom was must be a cretin ! Most people I know have no interest in rap as a form of music and have no idea of any of the names of the people who do it . None of them are cretins but they are all well educated decent people .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whitechapel - bit unfair to suggest anyone who doesn’t know who Doom was must be a cretin ! Most people I know have no interest in rap as a form of music and have no idea of any of the names of the people who do it . None of them are cretins but they are all well educated decent people .

He actually says people that feel the need to come onto RIP threads saying "who?" "never heard of them" are cretins and not those that have no interest in rap. Same would apply to any RIP thread.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
"Whitechapel - A tad aggressive" indeed - so anyone who hasn't heard of somebody that you happen to know about is a cretin? Well, I've got loads of stuff in my musical collection that I'm bloody certain you won't have heard of either - does that make you a cretin too?

It's a sad day when somebody dies, for their friends and family - and in this case it would appear to be for fans too. So, RIP is fine (and RIP from me too, though I had never heard of him before) but not really an excuse to start calling other people cretins.

Whitechapel is a cretin.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well if Doom is new to you then you deffo need to check out all the songs I post on here when I’m battered, I can be your spirit guide through a whole new world of Hip-Hop. :wink:

Will do. I like Grandmaster Flash, DJ Shadow and the Beastie Boys, and of the modern oeuvre, Niteboi, and Klangstabil, but it isn't really even close to your actual Hip-Hop; I look forward to your next installment :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What a shame that there can't be a thread about the death of a talented musician, who died at only 49, without insults to each other.

#neverheardofhim #I'mnotacretin #Ididn'tthinkIwasbeingcalledacretin

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What a shame that there can't be a thread about the death of a talented musician, who died at only 49, without insults to each other.

#neverheardofhim #I'mnotacretin #Ididn'tthinkIwasbeingcalledacretin

Well sadly that is the fault of the original poster who used the word cretin. Had someone posted in a disrespectful manner ' never heard of him " the simple response would have been to ignore them. The thread would have just then not got pulled off at a tangent and been a nice tribute thread to those who appreciated his work. The use of the word cretin almost in a subliminal way suggests that's what you are if you have no clue who he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here