Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Oscar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've been right every time I've called for a managers head, I'm not a sheep like most on here and prepared for second rate

Umm, as you call for every manager's head from the day he is appointed, I suppose you are going to get it right every time......eventually :rolleyes:

And you make it sound like you've done something smart and with foresight every time a manager leaves :lolol:

You can fool some people ...etc etc

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
But we were in control of the game. We had over 60% possesion. If their keeper had not made two great saves we would have been two up after 7 mins. The brainless empty vessels now moaning would be instead hailing a brilliant game.

Are you thick? Possession doesn't win games, shots that don't go in don't win games. Goals win games, we lost 2-0

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Possession puts you in control of a game. The more possession you have the more in control you are and the more likely you are to win. What is so hard to understand about that?
We had as many chances to score as Middlesbrough, we were more in control of the game than them. The only difference was they could finish and we made two costly errors in defence.

How many games have we been "in control" of and lost though? I would rather get played off the park and win 2-0 eg QPR

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Possession puts you in control of a game. The more possession you have the more in control you are and the more likely you are to win. What is so hard to understand about that?
We had as many chances to score as Middlesbrough, we were more in control of the game than them. The only difference was they could finish and we made two costly errors in defence.

You realise teams let us 'control' the game as we have one of the worst attacks in the league? Very effective to play counter football against teams like us who wouldn't score in 900 minutes let alone 90 in half the games we play.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
But we were in control of the game. We had over 60% possesion. If their keeper had not made two great saves we would have been two up after 7 mins. The brainless empty vessels now moaning would be instead hailing a brilliant game.

Sorry but most of that possession was in our own half. Other teams know we can't hurt them when Greer and Upson have the ball, so they are happy to let us have it. I would be interested in how much possession we had in their half.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I didn't say it was, at the end of the day its down to the players

Ah I can see the problem, we played in the middle of the day so the players didn't think they had to make an effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here