Quiz: How Sussex are you?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tis a silly quiz. Although the martlet question made made a fool of us. I'm not sure that knowing when a concert took place qualifies one.

Now, if they asked questions about the number 17 that would separate us from the DFL folk.

OK. Try this. Name one recording that reached number 17 in the official UK charts, but only achieved that success thanks to North Stand Chat.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
8. Got Fatty Soames's constituency wrong and the concert too; incredibly obscure. A bit too much 'is it East or West' imho; which I still find hard as I'm old enough to think places like E Grinstead, H Heath and B Hill are in East.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
7/10. I didn't know the album or the concert one.

Now for the real embarrassment. I thought a Martlet was a real bird. Forgivable, perhaps, but I work for a nature conservation charity....

Yeah I got 7 and got both music ones wrong though I work at a music radio station, and Fatty Soames' constituency though I used to be in politics.:ffsparr:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
OK. Try this. Name one recording that reached number 17 in the official UK charts, but only achieved that success thanks to North Stand Chat.

That'll be the Tom Hark cover ?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
9 out of 10. I got the Fairport Convention one wrong, thinking it was the Saffrons rather than the Hawth. Not good, as it's the closest question to me apart from the St Swithun's Church, East Grinstead one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports