Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Quite a sobering thought

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I received my renewal for the ST today through the post.

it actually gave me a bit of a jolt as I have moved into the 65+ bracket.

so throughout my adult life, from going through the under 16 gates on the chicken run in 1975, hardly missing any home games since right through to now at the Amex. I am now officially an old git!

all the times that it would have been very easy to walk away….dark days of archer and dreadful football at a ground being allowed to decay in front of our eyes , travelling to the arse end of Kent, so many highs and lows at Withdean and then the strange emotions at the Amex with promotion to the promised lands, brilliant times, tedious football right through to the best team I have ever seen and one of the best managers we have ever had

still like to take a flask in though…mulligatawny soup at half time…mmmmm isn’t it….jumpers for goalposts!

marvellous

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Awww if only I had a Werther's on me to cheer you up a bit.
Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Old git

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I received my renewal for the ST today through the post.

it actually gave me a bit of a jolt as I have moved into the 65+ bracket.

so throughout my adult life, from going through the under 16 gates on the chicken run in 1975, hardly missing any home games since right through to now at the Amex. I am now officially an old git!

all the times that it would have been very easy to walk away….dark days of archer and dreadful football at a ground being allowed to decay in front of our eyes , travelling to the arse end of Kent, so many highs and lows at Withdean and then the strange emotions at the Amex with promotion to the promised lands, brilliant times, tedious football right through to the best team I have ever seen and one of the best managers we have ever had

still like to take a flask in though…mulligatawny soup at half time…mmmmm isn’t it….jumpers for goalposts!

marvellous
You're not old until your hearing goes.

I SAID YOU'RE NOT OLD UNTIL......

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I had a similar sort of experience recently - not sure what triggered it, but having reached 60 last September I’ve notched up over 53 years of following the Albion. I suddenly realised that’s nearly half the time the club has existed. Yet, in my mind, BHAFC has always existed, and I still think of myself as fairly young!! So I can’t quite get my head around it all. Those wonderful photos of the massed ranks of flat caps on the west terrace seem almost pre-historic, whilst memories of Kit Napier bearing down on goal as I sat next to my dad at the back of the south stand…well, they seem just like yesterday 😊

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here