Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quigg Vs Munroe - Fight Night Live on SSP2 @ 21:00

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Another unbelievable Saturday of sport. ODI cricket, US open golf, European Championship group deciders and the home nations all in rugby action.

What may have slipped under the radar is a genuine 50/50 title fight between two of British boxing's elite fighters. The fight should start after the final round of games in group A so I would recommend anyone with even a passing interest in boxing to tune in.

I'm going for Munroe who is the underdog and best priced 8/5 I've also had a little flutter on the draw at 33/1 as this will be nip and tuck and will more than likely go the distance.

Boxing needs a good match up after last weeks judging debacle in Vegas and this fight might just prove to be the best domestic tear up since Kevin Mitchell fought John Murray last year.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Should be a cracker. If I'm pushed I'd lean slightly toward a Quigg win on points, but a Munroe victory wouldn't surprise me at all.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Should be a cracker. If I'm pushed I'd lean slightly toward a Quigg win on points, but a Munroe victory wouldn't surprise me at all.

Good under card also with Ryan Rhodes, Martin Murray & Richard Towers all appearing. This is Hatton's last promotion for Sky as they haven't renewed his promotional contract, so will be interesting if his picked up by a terrestrial channel, box nation or Prime Time.

Channel 5 have been getting some good figures for Tyson Fury so maybe them or another channel might take the plunge.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm looking forward to seeing what Towers has to offer. I've heard and read a lot about him but never actually seen him.

Rhodes is always good to watch but I've a sneaking feeling that Rabchenka is going to be too young and strong for him.

Should be a cracking bill though.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm looking forward to seeing what Towers has to offer. I've heard and read a lot about him but never actually seen him.

Rhodes is always good to watch but I've a sneaking feeling that Rabchenka is going to be too young and strong for him.

Should be a cracking bill though.

I don't think Towers is all that, a long way behind Fury and Price in my opinion.

The Russian is dangerous powerful puncher especially to the body another close fight to call.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
That is probably one of the worst cuts since Klitschko Vs Lewis in 2003. Munroe will be out for a long time with that.

I'm going to try and claim the draw at 33/1 with Paddy Power and then try and get a refund of the £50 I put on Munroe with Betfair.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Result - Paddy Power have paid me for the draw at 30/1 (I thought it was 33/1) so got back £155.00 from a £5 stake. I think I will have to write the £50 on Munroe though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Result - Paddy Power have paid me for the draw at 30/1 (I thought it was 33/1) so got back £155.00 from a £5 stake. I think I will have to write the £50 on Munroe though.

Nicely done!

Real shame as it was shaping up to be a decent scrap. Was a nasty cut, completely accidental though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here