Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick Q on Uni parking

... and therefore no accessible minibus service for disabled supporters attending those games. Normal service from Sussex University Car Park 5 will run for all league games, starting with the Derby County match.

Could be seen as contravening to the Equality Act I'd have thought, unless other/substitute provisions are being made for disabled supporters?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll be using the bridge tomorrow (and for Newport), what sure the queues like to get out ?

hey thanks for the information, I have nothing still and a 79 year old father to transport to the ground. Well done NSC more useful than the club at letting me know whats going on!
I can only apologise for not posting this earlier. I agree that it should have been the Club's responsibility to make an announcement, rather than the operator. Particularly since they've recently been critical of Brighton & Hove Buses for saying something "prematurely" about the Special Buses that they won't be running this season.

The reason I was given by the Club for not requiring the minibuses for the three games in question was anticipated low ticket sales. That's the same reason that the Transport Manager has posted on Twitter this morning for not providing a park & ride service either.

Incidentally ... when planning permission was given for the Bridge car park, the Club did come up with a proposal to assist disabled supporters to get between the car park and the stadium (not a very good one, in my opinion, but no matter). The description of the walking route as "a 750 yard flat walk" rather understates the climb up the long slope that I've encountered.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here