Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick fish finger question

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
What about the omega content? Thats a big selling point for fish fingers nowadays. That should be considered when dividing up surely?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd let her have 6 as long as she promises not to eat them, purely for tax reasons.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Salad cream a must.

This stumps me a little. I love a fishy sandwich - don't go for the fish finger option, usually a better quality if breaded fish - and I also adore salad cream (MUST be Heinz - though I did make my own once, which was very passable), but the thought of salad cream with something warm just doesn't seem right. There are far better condiment options for a hot fishy sandwich.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This stumps me a little. I love a fishy sandwich - don't go for the fish finger option, usually a better quality if breaded fish - and I also adore salad cream (MUST be Heinz - though I did make my own once, which was very passable), but the thought of salad cream with something warm just doesn't seem right. There are far better condiment options for a hot fishy sandwich.

A lower quality breaded fish can work - a fishcake wrap is very acceptable. With ketchup and mayonnaise.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
When I first met my girlfriend she could only manage a couple of fingers but it's quite a different story now her appetite has grown.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm more concerned about the notion of salad cream with warm food - it's just wrong.

Not a big salad cream fan myself - reminds me of harder times as a student and, more generally, the 1970s. Now I can afford mayonnaise, I feel that I can leave salad cream behind. However, I appreciate that some like the taste. If I DID have it, it would be within the confines of a cold sandwich - have terrible memories of a toasted tinned mackerel and salad cream sandwich as a student. Put me off food for days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here