Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Quick Break Next Week

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Valencia is lovely. Much much nicer than Barcelona or Madrid. Laid back, the people are lovely and by all accounts so much less tourist crime.
Lots of wonderful eateries and bars. I thoroughly recommend it.
Another shout out for Valencia! Great tapas bars in the centre, fairly laid back, great beach front for a walk with fish restaurants, and stunning architecture at the marine/aquarium complex thingy (🤦🏼‍♂️)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just returned from Zadar. 2 days Long enough for Zadar, a longer trip would include Split and Dubrovnik.
Cheap , nice weather, recommend. Flight was £12.99
Checked on easyjet and can never find £12.99 flights, they all seem to start at £120 and then the return is like £200, maybe I'm looking at the wrong places

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do this approximately once a year and love it though we take the car. Mad to do a foreign trip and return home having put only 50 miles on the car.
We did similar, went to Fecamp

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thank you all, I have submitted a few ideas to Mrs OW and I'll keep you posted

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Checked on easyjet and can never find £12.99 flights, they all seem to start at £120 and then the return is like £200, maybe I'm looking at the wrong places
Depends where you fly from. I flew from Bournemouth airport with Ryanair.
Whole of June departures are less than £20 each way if you have a look.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Another thumbs up for Vienna...stunning city. We went for the Xmas markets in Nov/Dec though, which may be a wildly different experience to going in early summer.

I've always fancied Girona - meant to be lovely.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
As no one else has mentioned it, Gdańsk. A truly historic beautiful city with a lovely riverfront of bars and restaurants. Great Museums, the largest castle in the world and lovely sandy beaches at Sopot. Dirt cheap and the people are lovely. Only problem is that you have to fly from Luton or Stanstead.

Seconded. Went there at the start of May with daughter and along with Tallinn, probably my favourite place in Europe. The history around the city is incredible and gutted we didn't get a chance to do the WW2 museum there, but I don't think it was the place for a 7 year old! They say you need at least 4 hours to walk round it all.

If you can, do a sunset boat cruise, stunning. So easy to get round on the trams, but Ubers were dirt cheap, think it cost 9 quid from hotel back to airport for about 25 minute journey.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Another shout out for Valencia! Great tapas bars in the centre, fairly laid back, great beach front for a walk with fish restaurants, and stunning architecture at the marine/aquarium complex thingy (🤦🏼‍♂️)
and another shout for Valencia.... (though I think Seville is better) great tapas and lots to see and do.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If you want somewhere off the beaten track try Český Krumlov. Bit of a challenge to get to but worth the effort.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
České Budějovice
Is only a couple of hours on train from Prague. Got a massive square with bars & restaurants all around it. Stayed there a few times. Great place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here