Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queuing system in place getting INTO Brighton station from 6am onwards on Saturday...

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Absolute shit this evening. All ticket machines taped over so have to queue for ages at the ticket office then go back out of the station and into the queue lane for train. Why take the machines out of action on one of the busiest days of the year?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolute shit this evening. All ticket machines taped over so have to queue for ages at the ticket office then go back out of the station and into the queue lane for train. Why take the machines out of action on one of the busiest days of the year?

Out of interest do Southern have an app you can buy tickets on? Makes life a lot easier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't you still have to collect them?

With the machines out of service that would mean queuing up anyway

The app I use the ticket is downloaded to the phone.

Jul 7, 2003
The app I use the ticket is downloaded to the phone.

No app - Southern want you to use their smart card instead. An app would be great as it gets around the issue of the ticket machines being so unreliable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People should use their common sense and collect their tickets days even weeks earlier then.

Common sense is making trains and tickets accessible. It's 2016, one shouldn't need to bother with machines or ticket offices these days if they don't want to.

I can travel by train using my phone, I can fly around the world using my phone, I can see gigs using my phone. I could shove my phone up the arse of the Southern boss as well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Common sense is making trains and tickets accessible. It's 2016, one shouldn't need to bother with machines or ticket offices these days if they don't want to.

I can travel by train using my phone, I can fly around the world using my phone, I can see gigs using my phone. I could shove my phone up the arse of the Southern boss as well.

I don't disagree but the UK whole train system isn't able to cope with mobile phone tickets at the moment. I guess the equipment to read the info isn't cost effective as it would mean putting/upgrading readers at every station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here