Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time Wrexham

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
probably because the Welsh consider it an English programme.
nothing wrong with the Welsh NHS treated us very well archaic but treatment was great
the accent up there is more likely to be scouse than Welsh anyway

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Used to really enjoy QT but am now bored with the programme panels and audiences they now seem to attract.

No proper debate just point scoring or moronic non politician "entertainment celebrities" who know f all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, possibly a slight mis-quote - more like 'we don't want fracking in anywhere near Wrexham but it's OK if it's somewhere like West Sussex'.

It's not a slight mis-quote though because it totally distorts the thrust of the comment which was along the lines of the Tories are very good at getting things like this done so long as it isn't in their back yard or in their voter heartland! If they are for fracking in Wrexham then they should be equally in favour of it in Balcombe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not a slight mis-quote though because it totally distorts the thrust of the comment which was along the lines of the Tories are very good at getting things like this done so long as it isn't in their back yard or in their voter heartland! If they are for fracking in Wrexham then they should be equally in favour of it in Balcombe.

In which case the his point was entirely wrong. Current proposed fracking sites and the party the local MP belongs to :

Ellesmere Port - Labour
Broadford Bridge -Conservative
Crawberry Hill - Conservative
Falkirk - Labour
Balcombe - Conservative
Upton - Conservative
Wrexham - Labour
Dudleston - Conservative
Preston - Labour
Roseacre - Labour
Kirby - Conservative

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You're being totally owned. I'd quit now if I was you. He was acting like a total f**king nob with his comments, it's that simple.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I only flicked on for a minute or two to hear one lady trying to talk about something which he clearly knew nothing about, agree with each person the the panel in turn and then ended up by saying 'I agree with all of them, but they are all as bad as each other' Needless to say Dimbleby totally owned her at that point and moved on. I decided to switch channel at that point.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Immensely dull QT this week.

Needs Starky. That cantankerous old tit always livens things up. I'd have him on every week.

Starky is tremendous value. I love him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Starky is tremendous value. I love him

Me and my dad usually have a sweepstake on at what point in the show he will mention the fact that he is gay. Disappointingly he didn't mention it at all the other week, which I think was a first.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If anyone wants to see the contempt Labour hold the South East in then watch the bit where Hain suggests fracking should be limited to West Sussex #Tw@t

No. I think the point that he was trying to make is that the Tories aren't keen on fracking their seats. Nothing to do with hating the South East. I'm not entriely sure he's right to be fair.

This Labour Party hates the North, Wales and Scotland just as much if not more than the Conservative Party these days.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Telegraph blogger, Maltby, how dire was she! Couldn't appear to string a cohesive sentence together and some very odd views. If women want to smoke and damage their unborn child then that's up to them! Not sure she really thought that through as, of course, it's the rest of society that will have to pick up the bill for the baby's health and possibly educational challenges. However, it didn't sink as low as the ridiculous comments from the alleged student of psychology who compared the scheme to give smoking mothers shopping vouchers to selling your child!

Evidence of how downhill the Telegraph has gone recently. They've sacked most of their decent writers in favour of online content generators like the girl last night. I had genuinely no idea where she was coming from, wishy washy and instantly forgetable. The paper has lost 150,000 readers in three years. That's just over 20% of the readership.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You can also play a David Starkey drinking game. One rule being a mouthful of said drink when he mentions he's gay as though that gives him authority...

Which is normally in the first 5 minutes. He actually held off a lot longer when he was on a couple of weeks ago. He did call Medhi Hassan 'Ahmed' and tried to argue a teacher could be 'groomed' by their 16 year old pupil though. He was good value on the outrage scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here