Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

Where have I said your post was incorrect?

It was so one sided and ignorant as if "racists" jjust appear for no reason.

As for racist posts I was thinking more along the "ghastley white areas" that many have pontificated on.

I can understand you being scared at looking at the details of the issue, ie immigration without consent of the populace can be seen as invasion. See the North american Indians for details.

Its really astounding, theres enough posters on here with Irish history who bemoan the unionists and unionism, and yet they advocate the same policies for the UK. You would have thought they(I dont know if this includes you), would learn from history.

Its weird, I think their are 2 groups wrapped up in their biggotry.

You did say " wouldn't appear half so ignorant"? Since all the facts are correct I cannot see any ignorance here. Do I ever refer to ghastly white areas, I think Bushy gets bored with my constant E8, multi everything posts from the East End heartland. And I don't disagree with the fact that our Poiticians and media have never discusses openly immigration, refugess and asylum seekers.

The whole Policy is a mess, we have weird ties and rights for ex white colonies over others. The opening of the EC borders just compounded a system in chaos.

I have no Irish history except sharing beers and women in Eire.

Yours

LC

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I am really concerned that Griffin will try and deflect everything away from immigration on Question Time and try to come over as a reasonable, likeable voice of sense. The problem with the QT format is that if someone asks a question about say the mortgage regulations announced yesterday and Griffin replies along the lines that the whole thing had got way out of control and tighter conditions were needed to stop home re-possessions and false house price inflation, then he will get a big round of applause as a sensible panellist. If the BNP are not tackled directly about their more controversial policies they tend not to talk about them and will always try and focus on re-branding themselves as a legitimate, serious and reasonable party. It is up to the panellists and people in the audience to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for Griffin, otherwise the only people to benefit will be him and the BBC for the ratings.

I think Nick would be more than happy to discuss immigration. Most people have a rough idea what the BNP's views on the subject are. may be it would be interesting to see his views on other matters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You did say " wanted appear half so ignorant"? Since all the facts are correct I cannot see any ignorance here. Do I refer to ghastly white area, I think Bushy gets bored with my constant E8, multi everything posts from the East End heartland.
LC
Actually LC , I will take issue with you there ,E8 isnt actually part of this fabled "east end heartland" east london yes, east end no.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I am really concerned that Griffin will try and deflect everything away from immigration on Question Time and try to come over as a reasonable, likeable voice of sense. The problem with the QT format is that if someone asks a question about say the mortgage regulations announced yesterday and Griffin replies along the lines that the whole thing had got way out of control and tighter conditions were needed to stop home re-possessions and false house price inflation, then he will get a big round of applause as a sensible panellist. If the BNP are not tackled directly about their more controversial policies they tend not to talk about them and will always try and focus on re-branding themselves as a legitimate, serious and reasonable party. It is up to the panellists and people in the audience to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for Griffin, otherwise the only people to benefit will be him and the BBC for the ratings.

It will be a complete farce and cop out if the BBC doesn't allow the majority of questions to be directed at Griffiin. It is, after all, the reason the majority of viewers will be watching. Guess that decision goes all the way to the head honchos at the BBC
Anyway the BNP has to be a more stimulating and thought provoking topic than both the ever boring expenses row and the debate about striking posties.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I think Griffin is probably savvy enough now to know 'the middle ground' is where you win votes (as labour did in '97) - but now everyone in 'the middle ground' is as pissed off with paying for 'increasing unskilled immigration' as well as the 'unregulated gambling bankers', colour is not the issue, Britain's dire financial state is and should be what he concentrates on as should all the other politicians.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
5% of the British electorate voted BNP. Thats 3 million. Whether we like what old bolley-eyes Griffin has to say or whether we see them for what they really are they have every right to claim a place on a debate platform concerned with British Politics.

Subtle changes are going on throughout the media, surely you have noticed?, a gradual shift towards a more right wing view of Immigrants and Asylum seekers, especialloy Muslims. This is all around us, the popular press editorials in every paper, rather than the Daily Mail, saying we should revise our policy towards migrants, the news items which increasingly point out the ethnicity or immigration status of rapists or thieves (There was a time not so long ago when they would bend over backwards to avoid mentionining these things), now we have the BNP on QT and on Monday an open discussion of the relatively low IQ of blacks vs. Whites and Asians...this again would never have been allowed airtime a couple of years ago.

Something has happened to influence this and I have a horrible feeling that the popularity of the BNP with the electorate has a part to play in it. Then again perhaps it is the increased preparedness of the establishment to focus on problems in the immigrant communities that led to their rise in popularity (I don't know but I suspect its the former).

Whether it is a good thing to show awareness of the issues or to ignore them remains to be seen. It won't be long before "Fitna" Geert Wilders documentary on Islam is shown on some late night discussion progtram.

If we have to put up with more terrorism in the name of Islam, God knows how popular the BNP will get. I shudder to think.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Griffin really is prick of the first order. The far right in this country have a history of letting themselves be lead by these weird, public school halfwits (Tyndall, Webster, Griffin etc). He has done us all a favour and shot himself in the foot with his ill timed comments about Churchill and the army this week. Should open him up to some squirming as he tries to justify that one.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
5% of the British electorate voted BNP. Thats 3 million. .

Whilst it is a big percentage, it still seems an exagerrated number. Is it correct? Is it 5% of those that voted or 5% of the population? I'm hoping the former. Those numbers would be very different. (Excuse my ignorance)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Griffin really is prick of the first order. The far right in this country have a history of letting themselves be lead by these weird, public school halfwits (Tyndall, Webster, Griffin etc). He has done us all a favour and shot himself in the foot with his ill timed comments about Churchill and the army this week. Should open him up to some squirming as he tries to justify that one.

I wasn't aware that Webster or Tyndall went to public school. Please let us know which ones they were

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Lord Haw Haw got strung up for being a fascist back in the 40's... Why don't we do the same to this fat bumbling buffoon of a man?

Actually LC , I will take issue with you there ,E8 isnt actually part of this fabled "east end heartland" east london yes, east end no.

A point to discuss over char or coffee.

However,

a couple of titbits to support my case using my local parish church 150 m away.

It is an awe-inspiring experience to enter this impressive church. Sometimes known as the Cathedral of the East End it is the biggest parish church in London,

and from the local Hackney Gazette

"A CHURCH dubbed the "cathedral of the East End" is holding its annual garden party to raise urgent funds for its roof."

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/content/hackney/gazette/news/story.aspx?brand=HKYGOnline20Sep%202009%2015%3A32%3A00%3A507

St Mark's Church Dalston on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also called the Cathedral of the East End. It is the biggest parish church in London. Interestingly it is the only church in Europe to have a Barometer on the church tower. The church was built by Dove brothers of Islington on land donated by lord of the manor William Amherst Tyssen Amhurst. Finished and consecrated in 1870 with the clock tower added 7 years later.

And from yer gawd blimey East End Advertiser would you adams

"St Mark’s in Dalston, London’s biggest parish church completed in 1870 and often called ‘the Cathedral of the East End,’ gets £74,000 to repair the leaky roof which The Rev Joseph Zvimba said has been “made a lot worse” by the recent stormy weather."

and even the council please see link http://www.hackney.gov.uk/east-end-film-festival-programme.pdf

Stroof my ol son.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here