QUESTION for REMF Organizing Committee and anyone who is attending Friday

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

D

Deleted User X18H

Here is the email

DON'T FORWARD TO DAVE THE GAFFER I AM DOING THE PA........RIGHT.

Dear All,

See you at the Dripping Pan tomorrow 6pm sharp.
Don't answer back.
And if anyone mentions Donatello's £5.99 menu then I am out of here.
Bollocks to you all.

Lots of Love Al (not gangster)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Old enough to remember when CPFC last scored a goal.

But don't worry ... I'm sure the lads from Croydon will score a few tomorrow night. They always do. And the video can be posted to the BBS to cheer you lot up.

:)

That's good, perhaps I could PM you my number so she could give me a call as I think I have forgot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dave pls may I have a mention...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was on the 2013 REMF squad Just Giving page earlier and it seems to suggest that between them a 16 man squad has raised just over 2 grand to date? (And one donation alone accounted for £400 of that).

Is this right, or is squad / individual sponsorship being collected elsewhere too? Thanks.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is there such thing as an organising committee these days or does Al just do his own thing while Jenkins picks the squad?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Doesn't some sort of binfest surround REMF every year?

A lot of people do fantastic work for REMF all in the interest of quietly raising money. The problem is that I think some others just do it to have their ego's massaged and inflated. When this doesn't happen there is normally a few flounces and binfests.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Doesn't some sort of binfest surround REMF every year?

A lot of people do fantastic work for REMF all in the interest of quietly raising money. The problem is that I think some others just do it to have their ego's massaged and inflated. When this doesn't happen there is normally a few flounces and binfests.

Agreed shame really because it's a great cause.

Stalin.jpg

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Is there such thing as an organising committee these days or does Al just do his own thing while Jenkins picks the squad?

There are lots of people involved with getting the night running. In every event though there has to be someone who takes the lead, which Al does very well.

And to answer the earlier question, there is one team page and people also collect money offline that gets added in on the night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave pls may I have a mention...?

Of course...I am happy to mention anyone ....hence my original comment if anyone wants a birthday mention etc etc.

BTW. I am well looking forward to the Crystalls strutting their stuff....and seeing Eddie mcgoldrick.....I remember him as a player many years ago.i wonder if dodge will scyth him down...lol

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And to answer the earlier question, there is one team page and people also collect money offline that gets added in on the night.

Thanks for the answer. It will be great to see what the 16 players have managed to raise between them (outside of the other "on the night" contributions, such as gate money etc). You'd like to think it would be somewhere in £8'000 - £10'000 region would be do-able. Good luck.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thanks for the answer. It will be great to see what the 16 players have managed to raise between them (outside of the other "on the night" contributions, such as gate money etc). You'd like to think it would be somewhere in £8'000 - £10'000 region would be do-able. Good luck.

I know you're just saying it to get a reaction but quite frankly, that's ridiculous. I doubt any REMF team ever, will raise £8-10k just from the players.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Are you suggesting that an average of £125 each isn't really enough?

How much did the marathon runners raise per person?

Surely £500 per player should be the target? For a 16 man squad that's 8 grand. The idea is meant to be raising money, isn't it? Or is it actually playing football with Peter Ward?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here